DFC v DFC 6th Feb

microdave

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling of dread about tonight.

What's happening tonight that you're dreading? If you've headed up to Dens for this tonight then your sense of foreboding will have been correct.

:lol:

Jeezo. Always said I was ahead of my time. Think how much dread I'm going to be feeling by next week....

After the reports of us trying a Leveinesque 4-6-0 at St Murn today (St Murn! FFS), my prediction of even more feeling of dread a week later are indeed coming true.

ETA - although I heard on Radio Scotland that the game will have live commentary on Tuesday, which, while shite, is better than following on Twitter.

Equally we havnt lost a game in which we've scored first

Fair point. We just don't score first often enough. Or even score often enough!

If plan A doesn't work we don't appear to have a plan B...well we do but it's high balls to the physical prescence of erm...McCallum.

It seems crazy to gamble on this game, unless Stevie is speaking with forked tongue.. Say Fleming's hamstring really goes, he could easily be out untll the end of March/ early April. Realistically, the only way we'll be getting through this tie is on penalties after a 0-0. The Hibs game is also going to be a backs to the wall defensive onslaught. I'd rather we give both Nade and Fleming the extra recovery time before the crucial games against Alloa and Livingston.

I'd rather not gamble with fitness in this game either but the financial rewards of a win would be substantial. Share of a decent crowd at ibrox plus live tv and money for reaching the quarterfinals could be around three hundred thousand

How much is staying in the Championship worth to us? If Fleming or Nade were close to fitness he should have gambled on them on Saturday. Play the guys who are fit and let anyone carrying a knock get themselves sorted for Hibs/Alloa. A cup run would be nice, but a win isn't needed here.

How much is staying in the Championship worth to us? If Fleming or Nade were close to fitness he should have gambled on them on Saturday. Play the guys who are fit and let anyone carrying a knock get themselves sorted for Hibs/Alloa. A cup run would be nice, but a win isn't needed here.

It's a diddy cup anyway.

Really important that we get the win here, we don't seem to ever perform well in the cups so hopefully we can address that. Will be a tough game though with Dumbarton looking to frustrate our attack, really hope the crowd don't get on the back of our players if we don't score early.

Archived