DFC v DFC 6th Feb

microdave

Hartley keeps reiterating in the papers that the crowd will have to be patient as basically, Dumbarton are going to be a nightmare to break down. If the crowd gets angsty (Which ours tends to do at the best of times) it could get Dumbarton a much needed boost.

Unless one of your booing fans runs on the park, dribbles by 4 Dundee players and slams home a 30 yard thronker beyond the despairing Bain it will make no difference.

I'm still astounded we're willing to risk Nade and Fleming for this yet they weren't even on the bench for a far more important league match on Saturday. They can't have made that much progress in 3 days. If they are still carrying knocks then I have no idea why we'd choose to risk them with some huge league fixtures fast approaching. Bizarre.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you boys like Nade? He played his typical holding up game at Dumbarton with no-one able to get the ball off him.

I love the big bassa.

That's pretty much all we've seen. Went off injured early at Morton last week. I just hope he doesn't spend his time here injured.

I'm still astounded we're willing to risk Nade and Fleming for this yet they weren't even on the bench for a far more important league match on Saturday. They can't have made that much progress in 3 days. If they are still carrying knocks then I have no idea why we'd choose to risk them with some huge league fixtures fast approaching. Bizarre.

Agree it's a gamble and odds against us but from a club perspective how much would we get :

1. Getting into next round

2. Share of gate money at Ibrox

3. If televised what do you get ?

I'm sure it would be a nice 6 figure number.

When was the last time we knocked a Premier League/Premiership team out of the Scottish Cup? Possibly Partick Thistle at Firhill in 1982 or St Mirren the weekend the Cruyff story broke? It's been a while, so history would suggest that it's a massive gamble to potentially risk our Champioship survival on what admittedly would be a welcome, but highly unlikely, substantial windfall.

Add to that the fact Dens Park has never been a happy hunting ground. I've only ever seen us draw there twice, once in our Premier League season (Dundee equalising in about the 95th minute) and the midweek after we lost 8-0 across the road, in the season from hell.

When was the last time we knocked a Premier League/Premiership team out of the Scottish Cup? Possibly Partick Thistle at Firhill in 1982 or St Mirren the weekend the Cruyff story broke? It's been a while, so history would suggest that it's a massive gamble to potentially risk our Champioship survival on what admittedly would be a welcome, but highly unlikely, substantial windfall.

Add to that the fact Dens Park has never been a happy hunting ground. I've only ever seen us draw there twice, once in our Premier League season (Dundee equalising in about the 95th minute) and the midweek after we lost 8-0 across the road, in the season from hell.

You're spot on, it was Thistle. The St. Mirren game was the year before. And our record at Dens is indeed grim. We've only ever won once in 32 attempts with 27 defeats.

And the solitary win was in 1916, so maybe we only win there when the year ends in 16!

268th minute I'm sure.

I like Dumbarton, but we need to win this. If we do f**k it up then I wish you fine chaps all the best in the futures rounds at Hampden.

Thank you Mr K.T, god speed my friend.

Once you pump us I truly hope you draw at Ibrox and install a plastic pitch for the return leg, resulting in Warburton sustaining cruciate ligament damage due to his brogues getting caught in the turf.

Thank you Mr K.T, god speed my friend.

Once you pump us I truly hope you draw at Ibrox and install a plastic pitch for the return leg, resulting in Warburton sustaining cruciate ligament damage due to his brogues getting caught in the turf.

:D

As good as that would be I would prefer to just win 7-0 at Ibrox and have Warburton hounded by zombies.

Can't see us pumping you chaps tonight either. I reckon it will be a scrappy affair. 1-0 to someone. As mentioned earlier, If we don't score a quick goal then the fans will get on the players backs and at that point there is a good possibility of us fucking up.

Archived