DFC v DFC 6th Feb

microdave

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly the most predictable result of our season. Dundee were always going to have far too much for our guys, and as we know from the last three seasons midweek games crucify part-timers.

It's no disgrace to go out to a very decent Dundee team, but as regards the part-time thing it's interesting to see just how much Hemmings and Stewart have improved since their Cowden days; when they played there we had much less to contend with as the record shows.

Hopefully no injuries of note, another caning probably awaits from Hibs on Saturday, and then we'll see.

No complaints from me. Dundee by far the better side and thoroughly deserved the win. Stewart was a stand out and deserved the motm. Thought Harkins was poor thankfully as if he'd been sharp tonight it would've been worse.

Nade our best player. Held the ball up well but lacked any type of support. Kirky offers nothing and should've been subbed at half-time. Heh looked like a wee boy out there and the least said about Mark Brown the better.

Dundee denied a stonewall page malty in the second half, as was Nade for us in the first. Both players booked for diving which sums up the referee's performance.

Good luck in the next round lads, smash em!

I agree with Jordo about Heh. He looked lost out there. I hate saying players are too wee but he lacked any kind of balance to compensate. At least we gave him a chance and now know he's not good enough.

Our full backs were letting the opponents inside far too easily. The amount of times there was a chance to get the ball into the box and we either delayed or couldn't beat the first man.

Huge gulf in class and I fear the worst for Saturday as Hibs are at least on a par with Dundee.

Sad thing about tonight is that if Dumbarton had a competent keeper in their goal then pretty much 4 of our 5 goals could have been prevented.

Used to rate Mark Brown as a quality keeper, by f**k has he regressed over the years.

Used to rate Mark Brown as a quality keeper, by f**k has he regressed over the years.

Really? He's always came across as a fairly average keeper to me but then again everyone see's things differently.

I would hope we will appeal Loy's yellow. Diving is the only bookable offence that can be appealed.

Obviously not immediately relevant, but a booking at Ibrox and he'd miss either the semi-final or our first SC game next season.

Good game, Stewart was utter class tonight. Some excellent passing and movement. Could have watched us play all night.

That Ref was a fucking Joke honestly the worst performance from a ref I've ever seen.

Nade was class for Dumbarton tonight and they brought through a cracking support.

Good luck in the league Dumbarton.

Fair do's to Dumbarton for bringing 123 fans through for a midweek game which is more than I've seen some 'bigger' teams bring on a Saturday.

You know the ref's had a shocker when you win 5-0 and still moan about his performance. He was determined to get Harkins and/or Hemmings suspended for the Q/F so a good move from Hartley to get them off.

Thank you to Dundee FC for making my last game at Dens in potentially a long time a memorable one. Got a bit emotional at times :bairn

Fair do's to Dumbarton for bringing 123 fans through for a midweek game which is more than I've seen some 'bigger' teams bring on a Saturday.

You know the ref's had a shocker when you win 5-0 and still moan about his performance. He was determined to get Harkins and/or Hemmings suspended for the Q/F so a good move from Hartley to get them off.

Thank you to Dundee FC for making my last game at Dens in potentially a long time a memorable one. Got a bit emotional at times :bairn

Christian Nadè featuring in a 5-0 Dees win at Dens. I'm guessing that's the perfect farewell.

Really? He's always came across as a fairly average keeper to me but then again everyone see's things differently.

Tbf, I rated him when he was at ICT. Shite for County, Hibs and Celtic but not near as bad as he was tonight.

Enjoyed the game.

Dumbarton took a decent support down so well done to them . Good to see Nade strutting his stuff again at Dens.

Special mention to the Ref for some appalling decisions for both teams.

What a fud.

Thought the highlight of the refs performance was when one of our players went down, Dumbarton stopped knowing it was a clear foul, we stopped yet the whistle hadn't went and the ball was still in play and the ref just stood there for 15-20 seconds looking at McGowan (Who had the ball at his feet) before McGowan put it out the park by which point Stewart was back up - joining in with the looking about for the ref to decide what was going on.

Sad thing about tonight is that if Dumbarton had a competent keeper in their goal then pretty much 4 of our 5 goals could have been prevented.

1st, 3rd and 4th, he had no chance with.

Archived