Ross County v Linlithgow Rose

Auld Heid

It's a bit of a shite draw for the Rose. Another long journey, probably get pumped and with all respect to Ross County, it's not exactly the money spinner you might have hoped for in the last 16. That said, I bet the Staggies are pretty happy with a home draw against a pub team.......

Shite draw, not in our opinion. Whatever happens its a great earner for the club and a chance to put junior football in the spotlight

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17th February or thereabouts if we don't get this done at the first time of asking.

In all likelihood we'll win in Dingwall, I'm not predicting an easy win, but it would be difficult to predict anything else. If we'd been away I would have been more wary, mainly because of our current away form. McIntyre will take this seriously and we'll be prepared for it, especially after the way we scraped past Dunfermline.

I'm looking forward to a good game against a side we've never played before. Hope you bring your 1,000 fans, the more the merrier, and enjoy the craic.

Linlithgow are really robbing the fans of Scottish football by not being in the league. Trains to Edinburgh and Glasgow. And the opportunity to do a pub crawl up the main street to the game and back down afterwards (plus a Tesco to nip into to get some booze for the train home)

Fair comment. If digits were removed from rears across the game we could get this sorted for you. Don't forget the early and late season attractions of a "Peel Perty"

Tenuous link between both clubs Pt 1

Eric Black senior played and scored I think in the Scottish Junior cup final for Linlithgow before moving up to live up here and his wee boy doing not to shabby at kicking the baw, then more importantly becoming our Commercial Manager and also our future manager in a few years time.

The late Eric senior always stated he was better than his boy....

Another tenuous link: the week before the vote which admitted ICT and County to the League, County won 4-0 at Forfar in the Scottish which probably did their votes no harm. Still got that on an old tape somewhere.....

Aye, just need to find a wealthy benefactor!

Looking forward to this game, Linlithgow seem to be one of the bigger names in the Junior setup, and we've never played them before so that's quite novel. Shame it's not an away game really, who knows when, if ever, we'll get a trip down that way.

Don't worry, you'll be there for the replay.

Well hello Linlithgow Rose, well done on making it so far.

Refreshing to be playing someone different and really looking forward to this game (and day) more so than the trip to Hampden this Sunday.

By the sounds of it you'll be taking good numbers up to Dingwall, get tanked up on the bus/train since our pubs are gash apart from the Mallard (on railway station) and Staggies Bar (at stadium).

And have a Haggis Pie at the game, they are epic.

Tenuous link - Stewart Murdoch is from Linlithgow,

Tenuous link - Started off at Falkirk who got pumped 7-0 by County in September. If not for that I'd be backing Rose to take County by surprise and maybe force a replay, they're a well organized and bonded team.

Don't worry, you'll be there for the replay.

Call it hubris if you want but I'm going into this game hoping for a better result than a draw. I know folk like to talk up the Juniors but we're pretty competent at home. They'll score, but we'll score more.

Call it hubris if you want but I'm going into this game hoping for a better result than a draw. I know folk like to talk up the Juniors but we're pretty competent at home. They'll score, but we'll score more.

I would go for a 4-1 County win but there is going to be some party in the pubs before the game and in the away end of the ground.

I would go for a 4-1 County win but there is going to be some party in the pubs before the game and in the away end of the ground.

That's probably fair. Our cup final was Tuesday night and this is really just a celebration of a tournament where we've shown that we've got a bit about us and achieved another landmark. I'd still go with a "if it moves hit it" approach though. No point rolling over.

Archived