Montrose v East Fife

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to hand it to Montrose, at 2-0 down most sides would have rolled over and capitulated, but they never gave up. The first goal was one that killed us - I feel for Scott and Jason as they otherwise had great games, but one or other of them should have sent the ball Fifewards. Great strike for the equaliser though.

Onwards and hopefully upwards...

The final 10-15 mins reminded me of the match against Falkirk at the start of the season, I thought we sat very deep and invited pressure from Mo (which always ends in disaster)

Agree with AF at 2-0 down and Fife still creating chances I thought Mo would have gave up so credit to them for a hard thought point.

That equaliser was just lovely. 8)

I felt our second half performance merited a draw but EF will be fuming - usually they are really good at bleeding us out of games but for the last 15 minutes they looked really ramshackle. Think they'll struggle to keep up a title challenge on that form.

Onwards we go with an unexpected point.

Should have been finished at 2-0 but instead of giving up Montrose kept going and deserved a point for that.

Strange game which finished 2-2 but I cannot remember either keeper making a save of any note. Two points lost rather a point won.

Signs that Montrose will be competitive for the rest of the season.

EF looked good after a strong first ten minutes from Montrose but felt that at 2-0 we played not to lose rather than close the game out.

Be positive. After a poor end to 2015 we are back in the mix.

13 points from 5 games is an excellent return. Slightly disappointed to know we were 2-0 up against our mantelpiece team to throw it away though. Fair play to Montrose for getting a point out of it.

Dropping 2 points is not necessarily a bad thing and keeps the players grounded.

Big game next week against an also in form Arbroath team.

As TOC said the game should have been over at 2-0, but credit to Montrose, after we gifted them their first they battled back well and deserved their equaliser and a total worldly it was as well!!!

I did feel it would probably take something like that for them to get anything from the game as they really didn't trouble our defence the entire game, even with their dominance of the first 10 minutes of each half!!!

In saying that, for all the pressure and dominance WE had, their defence coped pretty well with us!!!

Although the draw was probably the right result, it is pretty poor that we didn't go on to win it from the position we were in, we have got to look at that as two points dropped as well as a golden opportunity thrown away, we were top if the League for 79 minutes FFS!!!

Anyway, have to move on and look forward to next week, hope we win and Clyde take something off Elgin!!!

Well done Montrose, that's half an arse cheek of our mantelpiece!!!

Fife started out well, then 10 minutes later the man of the hour Kyle Wilkie produces another gem of a goal to take the lead into half time, montrose number 11 was the victim of abuse by some of the Fife fans about his tag sticking out had the comedy value. A few sore tackles led to Fife getting the 2nd goal and surely it was game over. Montrose ride their luck and pull 1 back but I wasnt too concerned at that time. The last 5 minutes we were sitting too deep inviting pressure which ultimately led to the outstanding equaliser for Montrose.

Ideally we wanted the 3 points but taking a point away from home is better than leaving with nothing. Hopefully our push for automatic promotion doesn't fall apart after this result.

Based on yesterday Montrose should survive comfortably this season.East Fife started sloppily and while always looking dangerous never really controlled the game.Credit to Montrose for keeping going and they deserved a point but shabby defending for the first goal let them back in the game.

Did think yesterday millar getting dropped was a bit of a surprise

I thought that too. He has been good over the last few weeks and didn't deserve to be dropped. Strange decision. New keeper never had a thing to do thought he could have done better for the second goal watching it again

Archived