Fixtures for 5th March?

Burnie_man

Clachnacuddin only have one match scheduled for the whole month. They played a lot of midweek games early in the season, partly in case of a bad winter but mainly to make sure the games were completed before the play offs. The clubs must have lost a fair amount of revenue due to low attendances for the midweek fixtures. There could be Cup fixtures that weekend though.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the Highland League Cup R1 ties - Forres Mechanics v Fort William - is still outstanding and now this midweek having been postponed the last 2 Saturdays.

Also worth noting R2 is February 27th i.e. postponements would be retried on March 5th, so maybe take cognisance of that if making plans.

Courtesy of Fitbanorth:

Saturday 05/03/2016
Press & Journal Highland League
Brora Rangers v Huntly
Buckie Thistle v Inverurie Loco Works
Cove Rangers v Wick Academy
Fort William v Lossiemouth
Fraserburgh v Clachnacuddin
Keith v Forres Mechanics
Nairn County v Formartine United
Strathspey Thistle v Deveronvale
Turriff United v Rothes
P.S. If I was a neutral I'd probably pump for the Nairn game, but apart from the Brora and Turriff games they've all got the potential of being hard fought competitive fixtures, Strathspey and Fort less likely though.

Good choice Burnie man,the broch's Bellslea Park is one of the better venues to visit,good set up with a good sized home support. In town you hav a wetherspoons,a cracking bar called "cheerz" and the very spacious Bellslea Bar opposite the ground.Also try one of the meally pies,absolutely outstanding!!

,a cracking bar called "cheerz"

Finest beer garden on the planet, and cheap rooms upstairs.

P.S. I think Fraserburgh postpones less games than any other in the league so another good reason to go. Of course the only time I've been it was postponed at 2.55 after travelling from Inverness.. :lol: By the way, Cove Rangers will probably be playing Wick at Inverurie's ground, so another option.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived