Guardiola

afca32

Pep  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overrated massively.

Never won the Champions League at Bayern and won't with Man City.

Has goat a 'philosophy' but.

They've got a fair chance of winning it this year. Comfortably the second best team in Europe and could beat Barca on a good day imo.

They've got a fair chance of winning it this year. Comfortably the second best team in Europe and could beat Barca on a good day imo.

I don't think Barca are any better than this Bayern side now, Barca's front three are absolutely frightening but as an 11 I think Bayern might shade it, hopefully anyway if they meet this season.

He's a top manager. Had some great players at his disposal, but a manager still has to know how to use those players effectively, and Guardiola's results over the years have shown he's capable of doing that.

As has been established elsewhere, while he inherited great squads at both Barcelona and Bayern Munich there was nothing easy about the job he had to do. His success at Barcelona was outrageous and at both clubs he rebuilt the squad and introduced a new style of play over his time in charge. He is quite evidently a brilliant manager.

That said, it's true that Man City is a different kind of challenge to any he's had before. While he has rebuilt a squad successfully at both clubs he's managed, he's been able to do so gradually from season to season and still have a squad capable of competing for the Champions League right away. At Man City he's going to have more work to do in terms of signings than he's had before if he wants them competing with the likes of Barcelona & Bayern. It's going to be interesting to see how quickly he decides to overhaul it with them clearly being comfortably behind the big three despite having the best squad in England.

Still, he's got some sort of previous for quickly changing the look of a side, selling three of Barcelona's most important players in his first summer in charge (Ronaldinho, Deco & Zambrotta) while he brought in three new players - (signed Alves & Pique, promoted Busquets) - and made them all first team regulars immediately, and they've all been such a great success that they're still regulars now. Obviously the job required at City is going to be more extensive and there's not going to be a Sergio Busquets coming through their youth system, but he's shown in the past that he can get rid of players who were crucial under a previous manager and improve the team as a result.

He left Barcelona with a better squad than he inherited and he's leaving Bayern with a better squad than he inherited, despite his failure in the Champions League there so far. He'll improve City's squad too.

As has been established elsewhere, while he inherited great squads at both Barcelona and Bayern Munich there was nothing easy about the job he had to do. His success at Barcelona was outrageous and at both clubs he rebuilt the squad and introduced a new style of play over his time in charge. He is quite evidently a brilliant manager.

That said, it's true that Man City is a different kind of challenge to any he's had before. While he has rebuilt a squad successfully at both clubs he's managed, he's been able to do so gradually from season to season and still have a squad capable of competing for the Champions League right away. At Man City he's going to have more work to do in terms of signings than he's had before if he wants them competing with the likes of Barcelona & Bayern. It's going to be interesting to see how quickly he decides to overhaul it with them clearly being comfortably behind the big three despite having the best squad in England.

Still, he's got some sort of previous for quickly changing the look of a side, selling three of Barcelona's most important players in his first summer in charge (Ronaldinho, Deco & Zambrotta) while he brought in three new players - (signed Alves & Pique, promoted Busquets) - and made them all first team regulars immediately, and they've all been such a great success that they're still regulars now. Obviously the job required at City is going to be more extensive and there's not going to be a Sergio Busquets coming through their youth system, but he's shown in the past that he can get rid of players who were crucial under a previous manager and improve the team as a result.

He left Barcelona with a better squad than he inherited and he's leaving Bayern with a better squad than he inherited, despite his failure in the Champions League there so far. He'll improve City's squad too.

He's spent about £450m in 6 years of management, it would be hard not to improve any squad doing that.

I think this will be a very big test for Pep, Barca and Bayern are clubs that have limited competition in their respective leagues, it won't be like that at City. Plus he doesn't have the 'big name' club to attract players.

He's spent about £450m in 6 years of management, it would be hard not to improve any squad doing that.

I think this will be a very big test for Pep, Barca and Bayern are clubs that have limited competition in their respective leagues, it won't be like that at City. Plus he doesn't have the 'big name' club to attract players.

Yeah just ask the guy at Man U who has wasted £250m in less than 2 years :lol:, not that I'm complaining.

Any managerial appointment is a risk for any club but it's a no brainer for City to at least give this guy a shot at it.

I don't think the media will w@nk over him in the same way they do with Klopp and Jose, it's strictly football with him. Will be interesting to see how he reacts to some of the nonsense he'll be asked about over here.

Yeah just ask the guy at Man U who has wasted £250m in less than 2 years :lol:, not that I'm complaining.

Any managerial appointment is a risk for any club but it's a no brainer for City to at least give this guy a shot at it.

I don't think the media will w@nk over him in the same way they do with Klopp and Jose, it's strictly football with him. Will be interesting to see how he reacts to some of the nonsense he'll be asked about over here.

I did say it would be hard, not impossible. :unsure2:

And LVG is a very overrated manager, hasn't done much of note since 1995.

Archived