Airdrie v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airdrie played like they done at East End Park last Friday and are a very hard side to breakdown with them defending in great numbers. Overall they were worth their 3 points I would say but I thought we could have salvaged a point before being hit on the break for the second goal.

First goal was a particularly bad one for us to lose with the defenders letting Fitzpatrick get into the position he did. Andy Murdoch and Gordon Smith are badly missed. Thought McDaid put in a decent enough shift in his 1st start for us.

You don't boss a game with 42% possession - you actually got behind the ball and hit on the break

Only reason it was 42% is because we allowed you to have the last 10-15 as you pressed for an equaliser.

I'm sure Leicester will be worried that Man City had >60% possession, when it's clear Leicester bossed them.

ETA- Anyway, lets wait on CowdenConvert's take on the match. Much tears and snotters expected.

Only reason it was 42% is because we allowed you to have the last 10-15 as you pressed for an equaliser.

I'm sure Leicester will be worried that Man City had >60% possession, when it's clear Leicester bossed them.

ETA- Anyway, lets wait on CowdenConvert's take on the match. Much tears and snotters expected.

Possession means hee-haw if you don't do anything with it. Plenty of teams dominate, but just pass for the sake of it.

Already commented. Thought we were poor. You must have missed it in your euphoria.

Agree Prunty and lister get it too easy but then folk like Morgan, Scott Stewart and many before them have been abused without any defence from anyone...

Watt was pish today, he looked as if he had cost us a chance of finishing a game we were struggling in. Folk expressed their frustrations- he should man up and get over it. He is 22 and has been playing for multiple seasons- how is that a "young boy"??

There are too many fans think that because some player has responded to their tweet or been polite when they've spoken to them they are their pals and should be immune from any criticism. If they want to take the plaudits when the going is good then they can take the criticism when they're honking and he was honking.

That's not really the point though, do you think giving a player abuse is going to make him play any better? If he wasn't putting in the effort then fair enough, but he clearly was therefore I don't see what purpose booing him has if you want the team to succeed.

Agree Prunty and lister get it too easy but then folk like Morgan, Scott Stewart and many before them have been abused without any defence from anyone...

Watt was pish today, he looked as if he had cost us a chance of finishing a game we were struggling in. Folk expressed their frustrations- he should man up and get over it. He is 22 and has been playing for multiple seasons- how is that a "young boy"??

There are too many fans think that because some player has responded to their tweet or been polite when they've spoken to them they are their pals and should be immune from any criticism. If they want to take the plaudits when the going is good then they can take the criticism when they're honking and he was honking.

Once more, it wasn't his best game. However, I don't remember even Morgan getting the level of abuse Watt did there.

Fair play, if you're poor you should know about it but he's been a consistent performer in a massive pile of shite and deserves a bit of a break.

Don't know about the twitter thing as I don't follow any of them. Footballers these days are transient and I really don't want to know about a 23 year old going for a 'cheeky Nando's'.

Chlamydia kid you were saying earlier post Watt should man up. I didn't see Watt hiding when he wasn't having a good game by his standards in fact he kept going looking for the ball and didn't spit the dummy when he got subbed. You play as a team and you win as a team and players don't set out to go and have a bad game. I am sure vast majority if not all airdrie supporters think Liam is a player who has came on a lot and has ability to play at a higher level. The other aspect also is if you have a bad game going by what your saying you think that merits giving the player the cheers i would agree with you if the player has stopped trying but Liam didn't. Regards to Taylor Morgan and Scott Stewart i dont agree with any player getting cheered as long as their giving their all, i think though the reason so many fans are jumping to liams defense is because right now he would be up for player of the year possibly.

No he didn't hide and he clapped the fans when he came off and was obviously disappointed. The episode is finished. He should man up if he's still complaining about it, but I doubt he is, instead folk are taking offence on his behalf.

Don't think anybody is taking offense. Simply questioning the logic of vociferous booing of a consistent performer.

Archived