Airdrie v Cowdenbeath

You could justify arguing that a draw would have been merited albeit not quibbling about the result. Airdrie sat back and got behind the ball for the first half and Cowdenbeath didn't look like unlocking the defence. Airdrie scored their goal with a ball headed on and poked past the keeper. Cowden thereafter had lots of possession and McDaid on the wing caused problems. Created some chances but Airdrie defended well and hit on the break. That's how they got the second late on by breaking away 3 against 1 as Cowden were all pushed forward. Airdrie almost got another but Pat's face saved the day and the rebound was blasted over.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure we have signed the left back Kieran MacDonald till the end of the season at least, it's the right back Ferguson that we've loaned from the Smell.

Really like the look of MacDonald he and Cox look like they have a good understanding

Booing is fine it was a complete cock up and people are entitled to express their frustrations. He was poor today and it wasn't his first cock up of the day. If the overall performance hadn't been so poor then folk wouldn't have been so exasperated- it was the straw that broke the camels back.

Can't agree. Watt has been one of our most consistent performers this season. Guys like Prunty and Lister get an easy ride when they make a mistake, I think we should be going a bit easier on Watt.

Booing is fine it was a complete cock up and people are entitled to express their frustrations. He was poor today and it wasn't his first cock up of the day. If the overall performance hadn't been so poor then folk wouldn't have been so exasperated- it was the straw that broke the camels back.

Booing a player in your own team is fine but God forbid anyone uses the words "rabid ***" in a fanzine lest it upsets your delicate sensibilities.

Not the best performance but a win and a clean sheet too.

Impressed with MacDonald. He's made a huge difference to our team already.

The booing of Watt was completely uncalled for. He's one of our best players and while he didn't have a great game today, he wasn't that bad either.

Wasn't that impressed with Ferguson the right back. O'Neil seems a much better player and I hope he and Cadden start next week.

Great win though and hopefully we can now push on from here.

If he would come back some of us might just do that. Can you organise it?

Meantime, we are back where we were at the start of the season and going in the wrong direction.

Sums it up for me. Two poor performances in a row. Fear thats what we have to endure for the rest of the season.

You could justify arguing that a draw would have been merited albeit not quibbling about the result. Airdrie sat back and got behind the ball for the first half and Cowdenbeath didn't look like unlocking the defence. Airdrie scored their goal with a ball headed on and poked past the keeper. Cowden thereafter had lots of possession and McDaid on the wing caused problems. Created some chances but Airdrie defended well and hit on the break. That's how they got the second late on by breaking away 3 against 1 as Cowden were all pushed forward. Airdrie almost got another but Pat's face saved the day and the rebound was blasted over.

Aye mate?

I thought we should have had that game dead and buried. We bossed your lot for about 60 mins and should have killed the game off.

We allowed Cowden to press for the last 10 and that resulted in our break away goal, which was well taken by Lister despite the rabid "pass it" shouts around me.

Different strokes I suppose.

Aye mate?

I thought we should have had that game dead and buried. We bossed your lot for about 60 mins and should have killed the game off.

We allowed Cowden to press for the last 10 and that resulted in our break away goal, which was well taken by Lister despite the rabid "pass it" shouts around me.

Different strokes I suppose.

You don't boss a game with 42% possession - you actually got behind the ball and hit on the break

Archived