Darvel v arthurlie

Darvel legend

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good luck to darvel for the game on sat,please make sure your chairman has his clothes on before you score this time.you will be under dogs again but you have shown that when the going gets tough,darvel gets going. :thumsup2

Clean pants looked out just in case.

Still not won me over, I'm afraid. I just don't think that the average football fan diarises 7 days ahead.

But I do think Arthurlie will beat Darvel by three clear goals!

A lot more people work weekends now and rotas are done sometimes a month in advance so some sort of fixture list would help planning around a rare Saturday off.

A lot more people work weekends now and rotas are done sometimes a month in advance so some sort of fixture list would help planning around a rare Saturday off.

Fair enough, but is that really a major contributory factor in low attendance rates? I don't believe so.

Live TV games , technology advancing via tablets ; I-pads, firesticks, kodi etc which literally allows people to watch games from all over the world at any given time .

Combine the above with The Jeff Stelling results service where people just want to put coupons on and buy cheap beer from supermarkets and slouch on the sofa all day , all these factors combined are why not many people get out to watch local games these days . You can watch live football on TV / tablets /I pads all weekend long without getting up off your backside , quite sad really but I feel it's a major reason behind lots of junior clubs crowds dwindling .

The answers are all there in different posts.

1. Competition from midday TV England's Premier.

2. Foul weather where the older fans chose C4 racing and ever more so Rugby.

3. The weather creates an uncertainty with late call-off. Rain, gales, mud, lack of decent cover at many grounds.Don't forget that snow, frost and fog have been missing with torrential rain the main culprit

4. Leagues in chaos, with a calculator needed to try and get the true league standings.

5. Lack of adventure from clubs and the powers that be to try a new approach. Like Friday night fixtures with little TV compe tition.

6. Vast majority of clubs on a shoestring budget. Only continue through the hard work generally of very few committee members

Anything else?

Wtf happened to Arthurlie . Only game we have played this season where in my opinion we didn't deserve anything from the game . It's went downhill rapidly since then

Yet another change of manager doesn't help, and we are still skint from what I've heard, but then so are

many others.

Then it comes out last night that we've sold Dallas to Glenafton !

Got to give the new manager a chance, but I fear that after dodging the relegation bullet a few times, this season it's our turn for the drop.

Hope not as we've never been relegated from the premier, and there's not many can claim that.

Yet another change of manager doesn't help, and we are still skint from what I've heard, but then so are

many others.

Then it comes out last night that we've sold Dallas to Glenafton !

Got to give the new manager a chance, but I fear that after dodging the relegation bullet a few times, this season it's our turn for the drop.

Hope not as we've never been relegated from the premier, and there's not many can claim that.

Aye just yourselves & Talbot although you weren't in the top league the 1st season or 2 if memory serves

Wtf happened to Arthurlie . Only game we have played this season where in my opinion we didn't deserve anything from the game . It's went downhill rapidly since then

We had won our opening two league matches before drawing with you and have only taken one point from six games since. I cant put my finger on what has happened if im honest though I dont think we were as good as our early season form showed but also don't think we are as bad as current form suggests.

As for Dallas, a quality player indeed and I wish him well, that said id be more upset if we were losing him when he was in the form of previous seasons but hes not been recently and I feel the two replacements will improve us as a squad.

we weren't with point deduction problems and got promoted to the top league that season and never went down

We didn't get points deducted, that was 2005-06 season, we finished seventh out of twelve with the top six going into the Super Premier, also if you are using that reasoning then Troon amongst many others haven't been relegated from the top division either................. the only ever presents are Auchinleck.

Archived