Meltdowns on a night out

Hammer Jag

I was out for a few pints last night and witnessed a guy making an exhibition of himself.

He was standing next to our table for most of the night. The multiple cans of Red Stripe had obviously started to take their toll and he began throwing all sorts of weird and wonderful shapes in order to impress the ladies at his table. He certainly got their attention, but maybe not as he'd hoped as he slipped and landed on his back with an almighty thud - proper cartoon style.

The girls at his table were pissing themselves laughing, as was his mate. He took great exception to his mate lauging, so he lunged across the table at him, throwing punches and windmills all over the shop. The bouncers came running over and grabbed him and he continually tried to head butt them, failing miserably as he was about 5' 6. The fact he had long hair with a perfectly circular and prominent bald patch made it all the more hilarious.

He continued to try and attack the 4 bouncers, until they wrestled him on to the sticky, booze soaked floor. They eventually manage to drag him out he pub before tossing him onto the street.

Ten minutes later, he came charging back into the boozer with a burst face and launched himself into the bouncers.

What's the best/worst meltdowns you've witnessed on a night out?

Anyone willing to admit to their own meltdown?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my younger days I used to frequent The Moon on Sauchiehall St.

One summer's night as I approach, the bouncer threw out a ned. After shouting at them for about 30 seconds, he fucked off only to come back about 2 minutes later with a large piece of glass stinking out his inside forearm.

Blood was spurting everywhere and he was telling everyone that the bouncers stabbed him with the glass. I went into the club so I don't know what happened but with the amount of blood that was coming out the fellas arm I assume he died later that night.

Seen a fair few in Word Up in Greenock.

Steaming/fleeing guys squaring up to bouncers & then seeing them at closing time outside looking like they've taken a severe tanking.

Lichtieforlife's entire day on the P&B Subcrawl. The only person irritating/offensive enough to make Smurph and KnightswoodBear, two of the chillest guys I know, threaten violence. Culminating, of course, in his now infamous puddle drinking as he lay on a pavement in Partick spewing into the gutter and scooped gutter water into his mouth to "rinse" afterwards.

Lichtieforlife's entire day on the P&B Subcrawl. The only person irritating/offensive enough to make Smurph and KnightswoodBear, two of the chillest guys I know, threaten violence. Culminating, of course, in his now infamous puddle drinking as he lay on a pavement in Partick spewing into the gutter and scooped gutter water into his mouth to "rinse" afterwards.

I wondered if he just 'played' the c**t on here as some sort of character. Not surprised to find out he is just an irritating bellend in real life.

I wondered if he just 'played' the c**t on here as some sort of character. Not surprised to find out he is just an irritating bellend in real life.

Genuinely a total bellend. Wee rat face too, sleekit eyes. I would not be in the least bit surprised if he turned out to be a rapist/murderer.

I could easily have battered the wee p***k with a big smile on my face. I think most of us had "a word" with him at some point during the day. More than once I tried to get us all out the door of a place without him noticing so we could ditch him. There were bouncers in The Louden had a chat with a couple of the older heads to rein him in. The Louden's an afternoon stop, not an evening or night time one.

When people here meet up on these things do they refer to each other by their usernames? Genuine question.

I told Smurph off for doing just that once, can't mind if it was on a subcrawl though. Think it might actually have been when we bumped into HonestSaintsFan in Arbroath. Cringey behaviour.

I don't remember ever being told his name and I worked out who he was by process of elimination. I remember having a conversation about some running water being too hot for a school teacher and him advising her to use Mr Pluggy to fill the basin and add some cold water.

Yeah, I don't know either.

Archived