Kilmarnock v Rangers, for the right to face Dumbarton (or Dundee)

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it doesn't. I understand that the term used to describe Germans during the first and second world wars is derived from Hanoverian. This has nothing to do with religion although some people try to crowbar in the fact that that Hanoverians were a protestant monarchy - but the Hanoverians were also basically our Monarchy and provided our own royal family. The name refers to a geographical distinction rather than a religious one because otherwise it would surely be self referential.

None of the above has anything to do with Rangers by the way. I always understood the reference to refer to rampaging barbarian hordes of the Genghis variety and therefore very tongue in check like calling Celtic fans the Great unwashed, (I'm sure a couple of them do wash occasionally).

You seem to have missed out the part where in recent history of its use it is a term used by nationalist/catholics in Northern Ireland and west of Scotland towrds those from a loyalist/ Protestant background hence the slogan "kill all ****" appearing on walls in nationalist areas is not uncommon

As I said , call me what you like but at least understand and have the basic knowledge of what it is you are actually calling me

I thought they had sold their initial allocation and were now being sold the Moffat stand

That's what I had heard bud but some people who bought their tickets yesterday are quoting the shop staff saying Rangers have sold out. The SLO said they were being offered Chadwick and then Moffatt so it makes sense that they would have to sell out the Chadwick and then request more tickets so maybe it's just a misunderstanding.

You seem to have missed out the part where in recent history of its use it is a term used by nationalist/catholics in Northern Ireland and west of Scotland towrds those from a loyalist/ Protestant background hence the slogan "kill all ****" appearing on walls in nationalist areas is not uncommon

I'm quite honestly not aware of that bud. Maybe I'm just being naïve then but I just don't think that religion matters to your average football fan in Scotland outwith the Old Firm and if they use that word it isn't to denote religion, (that's not a dig at the Old Firm by the way).

You going to the theatre of pies?

I'm quite honestly not aware of that bud. Maybe I'm just being naïve then but I just don't think that religion matters to your average football fan in Scotland outwith the Old Firm and if they use that word it isn't to denote religion, (that's not a dig at the Old Firm by the way).

Put the F&H words to bed, then most would be happy. I don't see what's so offensive with either tbh, but surely it has to work both ways.

Looking forward to my pie!

I know that but just thought I would inform you , and ate a will be

We will probably still be manager-less on Tue as it seems there are yet more candidates for the lucrative position.

Jig showed that he can set a team up defensively and we limited Rangers, mainly, to long range shots. However, Waghorn should definitely have scored on the one occasion where Rangers got the ball into our box quickly and from deeper and I can see them using this tactic more rather than trying to hit the touchline every attack.

Our team will be very similar I would think with O'Hara probably stating in place of Dicker to give us a touch more speed. I think confidence is the key for Killie here as during the last game there were a few hiding in the middle who can't afford to do the same again.

Killie to win on penalties - you heard it here first!

The Chadwick and Moffat. We were going to get part of another stand but your fans cried about it so it's not happening.

Yeah. The forums went a bit mental when we were proposing a thousand in the Frank Beattie.

TBF, I wasn't confident Rangers would sell 8000 tickets for a cup replay anyway, never mind an extra 1000. The Chadwick is definitely sold out by all accounts but I was trying to find out if the Moffatt was too because there are conflicting reports. It would be great if there was a 12,000+ crowd for this so I hope that is the case.

In terms of having away fans in the main stand, we do that for County, ICT and Hamilton etc so it isn't a big deal as long as there is proper segregation.

Yeah. The forums went a bit mental when we were proposing a thousand in the Frank Beattie.

TBF, I wasn't confident Rangers would sell 8000 tickets for a cup replay anyway, never mind an extra 1000. The Chadwick is definitely sold out by all accounts but I was trying to find out if the Moffatt was too because there are conflicting reports. It would be great if there was a 12,000+ crowd for this so I hope that is the case.

In terms of having away fans in the main stand, we do that for County, ICT and Hamilton etc so it isn't a big deal as long as there is proper segregation.

If it's not sold out then it will be close as there's a lot of people still wanting tickets and some haven't recieved emails.

It's just bitterness in all honesty, fans would rather have thousands of empty seats than give Rangers them, it's pathetic.

If it's not sold out then it will be close as there's a lot of people still wanting tickets and some haven't recieved emails.

It's just bitterness in all honesty, fans would rather have thousands of empty seats than give Rangers them, it's pathetic.

I don't think it's bitterness or confined to Rangers pal. I think it's more to do with the fact that we have a stupidly big stadia and easily get vastly outnumbered by the Old Firm. With Old Firm Fans in the main stand, as there are so many of you there anyway, it becomes very hard to create any kind of an atmosphere among home fans. I think it just annoys some of the support that greed rather than what's best for the team generally wins out.

Get it up ye.

Bitterness? I want us to have a home game, not surrounded by any more of you mutants than i need to be.

You've restricted plenty of teams in the past even when you can't sell out Ibrox.

Get it up ye.

Bitterness? I want us to have a home game, not surrounded by any more of you mutants than i need to be.

You've restricted plenty of teams in the past even when you can't sell out Ibrox.

Word, yo.

That lot get plenty of tickets for our ground. If a few miss out then that's life.

Get it up ye.

^^^ Like i said bitterness.

You're already going to be out numbered by away fans, so what's the big deal?

We gave you lot a fair amount of tickets for the first game so i dont see your problem. Not many teams in this country travel well hence why they only get a small amount.

^^^ Like i said bitterness. You're already going to be out numbered by away fans, so what's the big deal? We gave you lot a fair amount of tickets for the first game so i dont see your problem. Not many teams in this country travel well hence why they only get a small amount.

You talk a lot of shite, wee sacks.

Plenty of teams "travel well", just not necessarily to the arse cheeks as folk get sick of the prices, the pumpings and the interaction with the fans of the ugly sisters.

You talk a lot of shite, wee sacks.

Plenty of teams "travel well", just not necessarily to the arse cheeks as folk get sick of the prices, the pumpings and the interaction with the fans of the ugly sisters.

Terrible excuse for not travelling ^

We give them a set amount of tickets which is reasonable. Unless away fans can sell out the whole of the broomloan then it's the only viable option.

Terrible excuse for not travelling ^ We give them a set amount of tickets which is reasonable. Unless away fans can sell out the whole of the broomloan then it's the only viable option.

Not my escuse, but it serves for some and it's understandable. I was at Ibrox three times last season and was at Celtic Park in November. Unlucks.

Archived