The People vs OJ Simpson

Musketeer Gripweed

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually hooked by this and I actually thought the episode that focused on the way Martia Clark was fascinating. As much as the prosecution in this case have made an arse of it there's no doubt how difficult they has it at times. A lot seemed to go against them and it was pretty horrific the way the media had it in for her

• 2 weeks later...

That was a fucking excellent piece of television.  Fantastically well shot, and what an excellent cast.  John Travolta was immense.

I look forward to season 2.  I wonder whose story will be next?

That was a fucking excellent piece of television.  Fantastically well shot, and what an excellent cast.  John Travolta was immense.

I look forward to season 2.  I wonder whose story will be next?

Agree, it was terrific.  Perhaps most signified by the fact my heart was going just before the verdict despite knowing exactly what was coming.

I believe the next season follows the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina - don't know much about it though.

Agree, it was terrific.  Perhaps most signified by the fact my heart was going just before the verdict despite knowing exactly what was coming.

I believe the next season follows the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina - don't know much about it though.

Pleasing to hear that. 

I hope this first season wins a fuckton of awards.  Sarah Paulson as Marcia Clark was brilliant.

It was a great series. Was a bit disappointed with the last episode though. Just seemed a bit lack-lustre.

Chris Darden was hopeless, a total donkey. 

For the first time I think the verdict was right. Reasonable doubt was demonstrated in spades. 

I felt for Darden when he gave his final speech to the press. 

I'd also strongly disagree about the verdict.  In my opinion, of course, Simpson is 100% guilty.  Johnny Cochrane made it about race and the jury had decided before they even started deliberations.

I felt for Darden when he gave his final speech to the press. 

I'd also strongly disagree about the verdict.  In my opinion, of course, Simpson is 100% guilty.  Johnny Cochrane made it about race and the jury had decided before they even started deliberations.

The glove and the psychotic racist cop are enough to provide reasonable doubt. The jury had no choice but to acquit. And hence he is innocent, as he has been found to be innocent. 

There's a good chance he did do it but maybe just maybe not and he will always be deemed innocent because of the outcome of the case. 

The glove and the psychotic racist cop are enough to provide reasonable doubt. The jury had no choice but to acquit. And hence he is innocent, as he has been found to be innocent. 

There's a good chance he did do it but maybe just maybe not and he will always be deemed innocent because of the outcome of the case. 

The glove was the same size as the glove he had been photographed wearing at numerous football games.  It didn't fit in Court because he was putting it on over a latex glove and "making it" not fit.

As was said in the trial, Fuhrmann was racist.  There's no doubt about that.  But that's not connected to the fact that the blood samples in the Bronco and his socks and in his bedroom were matches of billions to 1.

The evidence, coupled with his track record with Nicole were overwhelming, imo.

Agree, it was terrific. Perhaps most signified by the fact my heart was going just before the verdict despite knowing exactly what was coming.

I was exactly the same, so nervous last night.

The entire series has been great, too many people scoffed at it because the Kardashian's were mentioned for a total of about 5 mins across the full thing. Last nights episode just topped it off.

As for the actual result, I think the fact Furhman refused to give a straight answer to the "did you plant evidence" question was the deciding factor. I've spent my whole life assuming OJ did it (and still do) but it certainly introduced some doubts.

I think the part where Clark explains to Darden's friends how the evidence couldn't have been planted pretty much summed up why OJ must've did it.

Loved this show, the actors playing Clark and Cochrane were standouts. The only downside were Gooding Jr and Travolta trying to hard, I really fail to believe that Simpson was the bumbling idiot that Gooding portrayed him as.

No way was he innocent.

Rich guy took advantage of blatantly racist police force - but the scientific evidence was absolutely overwhelming.

The strange bit for me was Robert Kardashian's character. Did he really give up and change his mind on his old pal?

The fact that Cochrane made it a race issue when oj basically ditched his blackness is incredibly ironic.

No way was he innocent.

Rich guy took advantage of blatantly racist police force - but the scientific evidence was absolutely overwhelming.

I agree with this completely but you could easily argue that even having one confirmed racist liar involved in the case provides some form of doubt. Who's to say that they're not all racist? Remember this wasn't long after the Rodney King riots. The idea of a completely racist police force pinning a murder on a black man wouldn't have seemed that far-fetched and in that regard I don't really have an issue with the verdict even though I am 100% convinced of his guilt.

The strange bit for me was Robert Kardashian's character. Did he really give up and change his mind on his old pal?

He did indeed. He gave an interview some time later saying he stopped speaking to OJ not long after because he realised he was the killer.

I didn't like the way it made such a big deal of it to the point it made him physically sick though. It was almost like it was saying that's what killed him

The only downside were Gooding Jr and Travolta trying to hard, I really fail to believe that Simpson was the bumbling idiot that Gooding portrayed him as.

I saw a People vs OJ Simpson panel on Youtube last night from a couple of weeks ago.

Gooding Jnr said he went into every scene intending to play it neutral and the director would tell him how he wanted Simpson to be portrayed in that particular scene.  Now I know that sounds like general television direction, but Gooding Jnr made a point of saying it was down to the director how Simpson came across differently in each scene.

Archived