General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

You can trace 1320's opinion change roughly from the point JC nearly won the election.

I've said why several times on here and it is nothing to do with that. Consistently contradicts himself and speaks utter pish, attacking the SNP instead of the Tories too. Boys a complete fraud.

Looks like I've been blocked by George Foulkes, went to see what he had tweeted about the bridge and found out. Can't ever recall seeing him on twitter before so this took me by surprise.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

attacking the SNP instead of the Tories too

On this, he has shown far too much trust in Scottish Labour at times. He clearly doesn't give a shit about Scotland, which is probably why he's got the "ah well, let 'em vote if they want" attitude that he has. If Scotland were to break off of Great Britain tomorrow in a massive natural freak occurance, he'd probably not notice.

On this, he has shown far too much trust in Scottish Labour at times. He clearly doesn't give a shit about Scotland, which is probably why he's got the "ah well, let 'em vote if they want" attitude that he has. If Scotland were to break off of Great Britain tomorrow in a massive natural freak occurance, he'd probably not notice.

What is the alternative though?

If he went against Scottish labour full on then he'd split the party in Scotland beyond repair. It was also look like poor leadership - a sort of betrayal of the party's structure.

He probably wouldn't mind Scottish independence that much (I reckon if he was Scottish he'd be on the yes side).

He's probably going to have an influence in the successor.

Just now, pandarilla said:

What is the alternative though?

If he went against Scottish labour full on then he'd split the party in Scotland beyond repair. It was also look like poor leadership - a sort of betrayal of the party's structure.

He probably wouldn't mind Scottish independence that much (I reckon if he was Scottish he'd be on the yes side).

He's probably going to have an influence in the successor.

Corbyn is against independence no? Sure he's not against a vote, but would oppose independence itself.

As for what's the alternative, he could at least be subtle. I'm not demanding he tears the party apart or anything, but the party needs a kick in the baws up here. Maybe a huge split wouldn't be such a bad thing given the state of it. A chance to rebuild and all that.

Corbyn is against independence no? Sure he's not against a vote, but would oppose independence itself.
As for what's the alternative, he could at least be subtle. I'm not demanding he tears the party apart or anything, but the party needs a kick in the baws up here. Maybe a huge split wouldn't be such a bad thing given the state of it. A chance to rebuild and all that.

I'm pretty positive his latest stance on it is being against us being allowed a vote never mind independence itself.

I think he'll influence that change now - or at least he should. If he'd tried to interfere whilst she was still leader it would be dodgy.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/thousands-of-twitter-users-deceived-by-russian-agent-david-jones-bv0c2ssj5

Thousands of Twitter users ‘deceived by Russian agent’

Hundreds of thousands of Twitter users are reading pro-Kremlin propaganda by a suspected Russian troll posing as a Ukip supporter, evidence suggests.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/thousands-of-twitter-users-deceived-by-russian-agent-david-jones-bv0c2ssj5

Thousands of Twitter users ‘deceived by Russian agent’

Hundreds of thousands of Twitter users are reading pro-Kremlin propaganda by a suspected Russian troll posing as a Ukip supporter, evidence suggests.

Another link on that story

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/james-obrien/what-are-the-twitter-users-with-eight-numbers/

11 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I wonder if Dugdale might join the SNP and that's why she has quit as leader?

No, because she's still a Labour MSP and said in her resignation statement that she would stay on doing that