General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Theresa May is going to go down as an even worse PM than Gordon Brown. Who would have thought that possible?

I can remember back to Harold Wilson and I’m struggling to think of any Prime Ministerial claim more ironic and ridiculous than ‘Strong and Stable’.  She should have that thrown in her face fifty times a day.

7 hours ago, mjw said:

The PM put her hard day behind her last night and headed off to a Dinner to celebrate Paul Dacres 25 years at te daily heil.

What else are you going to do?

I hope there aren't any EU nationals involved with the catering/hospitality of this event...

Paul could be waking up with a dicky tummy at 4am tomorrow morning

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/12/europe/poland-warsaw-nationalist-march/index.html

Hard right Polish movement apparently allying itself with "Catholic values".  Apart from the Vatican's iffy position on gay rights, which it seems to be softening on, what common values do these folk feel they share with Catholicism?

It would nice to see the Catholic Church distancing itself from them.

On 09/11/2017 at 16:52, Granny Danger said:

I can remember back to Harold Wilson and I’m struggling to think of any Prime Ministerial claim more ironic and ridiculous than ‘Strong and Stable’.  She should have that thrown in her face fifty times a day.

"Back to basics" was the hallmark of the implosion of scandals in the Major years. 

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

What have Japan being playing at? Is Tokyo made out of diamonds, now?

An economy that has been pretty weak since the early 1990s.  IIRC, they've tried to kickstart the economy by running at a deficit since then.

DN5lRtYWAAEJifG.jpg
Everybody seems to owe everybody else a shitload of money.

I know pretty much feck all about how all this debt works as I'm about to demonstrate with my following question.

Hypothetically, if the political will was there globally would it be possible to push the reset button on all this world debt? I understand that it wouldn't be easy (bit of an understatement) but let's face it, this money doesn't actually exist. Certainly not in hard currency anyway.

And even if we could would it be a good idea to do so? Or would we be creating more problems for the future?