General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

This blog post from 2007 has cost Gillian Martin her Ministerial role - I like Gillian hugely and she's been a fantastic representative, but its hard to justify promoting her at the time after this -

I thought her apology was fair enough. People brought up her massive support for Wings in the referendum as another strike against her but I’d wager his more dodgy transphobic articles have come after that period around the gender recognition stuff gathered pace. Laughing at Labour capitalising on this when their Shadow Minister for Inequalities opposes LGBT rights as well.

This blog post from 2007 has cost Gillian Martin her Ministerial role - I like Gillian hugely and she's been a fantastic representative, but its hard to justify promoting her at the time after this -

Seeing the press briefing is saying it’s for racist comments now.

18 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Seeing the press briefing is saying it’s for racist comments now.

She dug herself a hole when she said the 2007 comments "didn't express her views then" tbh. A shame for such a talented MSP but, well, be careful!

On 6/28/2018 at 12:51, Sunrise said:

If only someone had been warning for years that this kind of 'Progressive' garbage thuggery wasn't only the domain of spotty teens and university students, but was reaching out and infesting institutions and broader society.

Excellent observations by Gillian who has found her spine, more of the vast majority will eventually stop silencing themselves and speak.

Edited by banana

Labour eh? (I don't jist blame Corbyn, 70% of them are useless)
Corbyn [emoji38]

He, and Labour are utterly fucking shite. Imagine repeatedly losing ground to the worst PM and most vicious Tory party in living memory.

He is the Scotland international football team of politics.

1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

Corbyn emoji38.png

He, and Labour are utterly fucking shite. Imagine repeatedly losing ground to the worst PM and most vicious Tory party in living memory.

He is the Scotland international football team of politics.

Labour went fron 26% in the polls to 40% in the GE in three months last year.

This suggests to me that (i) polls are a load of shite (ii) the people that decide elections pay zero attention to politics other than during elections.

On 28/06/2018 at 13:30, NotThePars said:

I thought her apology was fair enough. People brought up her massive support for Wings in the referendum as another strike against her but I’d wager his more dodgy transphobic articles have come after that period around the gender recognition stuff gathered pace. Laughing at Labour capitalising on this when their Shadow Minister for Inequalities opposes LGBT rights as well.

Can you post one of these transphobic articles champ?

19 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Labour went fron 26% in the polls to 40% in the GE in three months last year.

This suggests to me that (i) polls are a load of shite (ii) the people that decide elections pay zero attention to politics other than during elections.

This post tells me youre flapping.  Labour are f**k all use to anyone.  Independence it is.

Just now, Peppino Impastato said:

This post tells me youre flapping.  Labour are f**k all use to anyone.  Independence it is.

The SNP have no interest in calling another referendum. They purposefully killed it off with their RBS economic plan. 

Austerity is ruining lives and universal credit is going to be an unprecedented disaster. Think seriously about finding concrete solutions to the crisis we are living through rather than fantasising about independence when it's not on offer.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

The SNP have no interest in calling another referendum. They purposefully killed it off with their RBS economic plan. 

Austerity is ruining lives and universal credit is going to be an unprecedented disaster. Think seriously about finding concrete solutions to the crisis we are living through rather than fantasising about independence when it's not on offer.

Indyref 2 will be march champ.

Just now, Detournement said:

Independence is a concrete solution, hoping the big bad reds/blues are going to get it right is not a solution to anyone with more than 2 brain cells.