General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

They lost seats because the electorate new an MP was going to wear a football shirt in Parliament a month after the election?

A lack of respect in the place where a man barked at a woman giving a speech?

No.
Who cares about anyone else?

If the SNP want to convince people that independence is more than just nationalistic bullshit and is actually financially viable then they should drop the wha's like us shite like wearing football tops and talking about downing jagerbombs and approach the task professionally.
That's twice the notion of independence has been refused and it's not hard to see why.

But I genuinely don't even care. It doesn't affect me at all.

50 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

No.
Who cares about anyone else?

If the SNP want to convince people that independence is more than just nationalistic bullshit and is actually financially viable then they should drop the wha's like us shite like wearing football tops and talking about downing jagerbombs and approach the task professionally.
That's twice the notion of independence has been refused and it's not hard to see why.

But I genuinely don't even care. It doesn't affect me at all.

It is financially viable unless you are actually trying to say that a country with higher growth than the UK, half the unemployment level of the UK,  a better educated population than the UK, more top unis per capita than the UK, more natural resources than the UK, more water, more space, more exports, a better balance of trade and the highest GDP per capita in the UK outwith London and the South East can't run their own country ? Is that what you are saying ? It's not the SNP or any other persons job to install some belief in you, that's up to you to wake up and smell the coffee and realise that the UK and especially the black hole which is London is holding us back. 

Independence has been rejected ONCE. There was a devolution referendum 40 years ago which was won but was fudged by Labour. Not surprised that you didn't know this to be honest.

Electorate: MPs should be more like normal people. 
MP: *Wears football shirt literally once.*
Electorate: Embarrassing! Pathetic! Cringeworthy! 

I struggle to care either way about this, but at least it has provoked a reaction from the right sort of people. 

Edited by DrewDon

How apt coming from a man whose default argument every day is to shout "Whataboutery!"

And we only ever see you in this part of the board when there is some SNP bad story on the go.
Peter Brady loyal the rest of the time.

Nobody really unless its snp baaaaddd

I just think it's a poor combination of clothes tbh, nothing matches. As long as she made people aware and they had no issues i don't see a problem.

I just think it's a poor combination of clothes tbh, nothing matches. As long as she made people aware and they had no issues i don't see a problem.

It sort of looks like she's trying to flash a tit but forgot she'd put on a Scotland top under her blouse.

12 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

Another desperate Nat pointing out that they are more Scottish than Scotty McScotch eating the worlds biggest Scotch egg while wearing a kilt.Just another form of kindergarden virtue signalling.Not surprising really.

Oh look at you, you still a "thing" on here. Such wit and repartee.

Michael McIntyre levels o keech.

4 minutes ago, LinkinFighter said:

See to be honest it looks pretty cringey. If Diane Abbott wore an England top in Westminster folk would be raging on here.

Don't think you're wrong about that tbh. I wouldn't really care. It's a football top ffs. They want to do that sort of shit then that's up to them.

12 hours ago, Cerberus said:

It's horribly cringeworthy. A complete lack of respect for everyone.
What's the reasoning behind it? To upset the Westminster status quo by being 'a pure laugh'?

God bless you, Guv.

Doffs Cap