General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

See to be honest it looks pretty cringey. If Diane Abbott wore an England top in Westminster folk would be raging on here.

No chance.

I'd feel exactly the same as I did when I seen Hannah in her Scotland top, cringe.

Just as cringey seeing some Scottish people being absolutely furious about it though, it's a football top.

The Scotland women's team have been crying out for support though so she's maybe helped raise their profile a bit.

Very, very, similar to the Alex Salmond incident at Wimbledon (a similar non issue).

I'm an absolute staunch yes man but I'm afraid I'm on the other side (of this absolutely non issue).

There's f**k all cool or funny about it, and that makes it a bit cringey.

As for comparing it to Boris - I think that's missing the point. You couldn't help but laugh when he did that. It was genuinely funny (in a literal clown sense). There's your difference.

Oh look at you, you still a "thing" on here. Such wit and repartee.
Michael McIntyre levels o keech.

Anybody that actually says "wit and repartee" in a sentence is usually devoid of it, although it's only my opinion.

Anybody that actually says "wit and repartee" in a sentence is usually devoid of it, although it's only my opinion.

In the opinion of a self confessed internet troll?
I bet he's gutted.

4 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Very, very, similar to the Alex Salmond incident at Wimbledon (a similar non issue).

I'm an absolute staunch yes man but I'm afraid I'm on the other side (of this absolutely non issue).

There's f**k all cool or funny about it, and that makes it a bit cringey.

As for comparing it to Boris - I think that's missing the point. You couldn't help but laugh when he did that. It was genuinely funny (in a literal clown sense). There's your difference.

My own view is that some people need to lighten up and get a grip.

It's a football strip not an SS uniform.

52 minutes ago, capybara said:

Sir Vince Lib Dem leader. No surprise.

No, especially being the solo candidate. The Libdems should be doing far better being as they are the only major party in England campaigning for a second referendum on the Brexit debacle, especially with a significant majority now wanting to stay in if we were offered pretty much the same as Cameron on freedom of movement. Shame he never tried to sell it. Likeable man, Cable, but not sure he's the man for the job, prone to ill timed jokes like Boris.