General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

F*ck of you apologist wankstain.

Why aren't you having a go at the MP's who work full time in the City instead of someone who has just spent his second evening as a European competition linesman? If he wasn't a Tory you'd be saying "who cares".

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Why aren't you having a go at the MP's who work full time in the City instead of someone who has just spent his second evening as a European competition linesman? If he wasn't a Tory you'd be saying "who cares".

I have held the position for decades, that I have previously posted on here, that Parliamentarians should not have ANY other paid employment.  So don't talk shite.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41853561

No doubt this Ministerial 'indiscretion' will be swept under the carpet.  Wouldn't want to upset our relationship with the bastion of democracy and human rights that is Israel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41853561
No doubt this Ministerial 'indiscretion' will be swept under the carpet.  Wouldn't want to upset our relationship with the bastion of democracy and human rights that is Israel.

Labour shouldn't shout too loudly about this - they have a few "honourable" members (and ex-hons) who have done the same through Labour Friends of Israel.

24 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Labour shouldn't shout too loudly about this - they have a few "honourable" members (and ex-hons) who have done the same through Labour Friends of Israel.

There’s pro-Zionists in the ranks of most political parties.  The fact that she’s a Minister should make it a bigger issue but I can’t see anyone in the government complaining.  Particularly a government led by May.

The SNP'S proposals of a moderate tax rise for higher earners has gone down well with offshore workers...
Sitting moaning about how they're having to pay more for lazy people who earn less etc.
Now, most of these guys are at least 15 stone and work 5/6 hours a day at most(2 hour lunch breaks are not uncommon) Not a single one of them can see themselves for the entitled, lazy twats that they are.

The SNP'S proposals of a moderate tax rise for higher earners has gone down well with offshore workers...
Sitting moaning about how they're having to pay more for lazy people who earn less etc.
Now, most of these guys are at least 15 stone and work 5/6 hours a day at most(2 hour lunch breaks are not uncommon) Not a single one of them can see themselves for the entitled, lazy twats that they are.

Their weight is relevant how ?

1 hour ago, GTG_03 said:

I don’t think people who work offshore could be r scribed as ‘entitled’.

14 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

The Queen, the head of state, has had her cash put on an offshore account to avoid tax. Why the f**k do people still support these leeches? We should have become a republic a long time ago.

Whilst I agree with your republican sentiments, you have to realise that realistically there's only one way to acheieve beconing a republic?

The UK is never going to have a proprerly democratic vote on the subject. so that leaves one realistic option. 

Even if you won't vote for independence now, will you vote to make our country a republic when independence happens?

Whilst I agree with your republican sentiments, you have to realise that realistically there's only one way to acheieve beconing a republic?
The UK is never going to have a proprerly democratic vote on the subject. so that leaves one realistic option. 
Even if you won't vote for independence now, will you vote to make our country a republic when independence happens?

If Scotland becomes independent I will wholeheartedly support it being a republic.