General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:
Tory deep plant IMO. 

Who Nick Robinson?

Very shallow plant is Nick.

Corbyn was the plant that almost went horribly wrong last time. They went so far to make sure his garden is a bit of a mess to make sure he could get down with the common man.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

Corbyn needed to go for the jugular there and didn’t really. A few good answers but not enough.

Johnson is a fucking robot. In the course of this election, I’ve now seen him manage to turn questions about Islamophobia, closure of libraries and security into ‘let’s get Brexit done’. How he gets away with it is astonishing.

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
10 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:
Only the Johnson fanatics in the audience will consider that he got the better of Corbyn in that "debate"
Nick Robinson is a c**t.

He clearly won, the last one id have said fifty fifty and snap poll showed this. I'd expect this snap poll to be at least greater than 60%

What do you think it was he said that won it for him?

That he will get Brexit done?

7 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

No votes changed. Both simply did not f**k up enough to change the polls. 

Corbyn was as composed as ever and shaded it. Could say 52-48. But Boris probably happier - because he didn't screw it up monumentally. He's 1-0 up going into extra time and just survived a free kick on the edge of his box.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

What do you think it was he said that won it for him?

That he will get Brexit done?

He basically came out with alot of shite that was completely unchallenged and was allowed to look statesmanlike. Corbyn had an absolute pile of ammunition and let him off.

21 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

He basically came out with alot of shite that was completely unchallenged and was allowed to look statesmanlike. Corbyn had an absolute pile of ammunition and let him off.

I agree, but I don't think I've ever heard Johnson described as "statesmanlike" before.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

I actually thought Corbyn looked ok whereas Johnson was just parroting the same talking points as he has done for the past month.

Likely not enough to win many over to Corbyn but showed Johnson's entire strategy now is talk as little as possible and say even less.

Edit to say still voting SNP.

59 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Tory deep plant IMO. 

Well, it's hardly news that Robinson is Tory.

I'll never forget the unctious, cuddly , wuddly interview he did at David Cameron's home prior to some election past.

1 minute ago, beefybake said:

Well, it's hardly news that Robinson is Tory.

I'll never forget the unctious, cuddly , wuddly interview he did at David Cameron's home prior to some election past.

I was talking about Corbyn. He gave him an easier ride than Robinson ever could.

Robinson sat back and said nothing the whole programme.

I'm still raging that the answer to the how we would be better out of the EU question wasn't remotely questioned. Every single point Al Johnson made was easily refutable. VAT, Freeports, and whatever else he said.

On a completely unrelated point I had to submit 'ultimate ownership' forms for the Irish companies I work for last week. Nothing of that sort is necessary for the UK ones at this point, surprisingly.