St Mirren v Dumbarton Championship 20/2/16

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember Les fridge i think it was handing the ball to their striker after he fell foul of the back pass rule and the look on his face as the Dumbarton boy rolled that ball sideways for their oncoming player to stroke it into an empty net. That and Eddie Gallaghers hat-trick are all I can remember from that game bar the score line

They were different games. I remember this goal but missed the comeback in the 3-3 by leaving early. It was the first season that the backpass rule existed and should never have been given. Iirc the defender sliced a clearance from near the corner which spun into the area. Would never be given nowadays.

Remember Les fridge i think it was handing the ball to their striker after he fell foul of the back pass rule and the look on his face as the Dumbarton boy rolled that ball sideways for their oncoming player to stroke it into an empty net. That and Eddie Gallaghers hat-trick are all I can remember from that game bar the score line

Was it not one of the most horrendous refereeing decisions ever - and I should know, I've seen a few :D.

Defender sclafs a clearance, which gets further impacted by a huge wind, and Fridge picks it up.

Ref bizarrely gives intentional back pass, and amid the confusion over the decision, Dumbarton score.

Saints shell shocked, momentum switches completely, and a 3 goal lead disappears.

Good to see I'm not the only p***k that leaves when we're 3-0 down with 10/15 to go thus missing a spectacular comeback.

We should start a support group.

I wasn't at the recent Raith game but I still managed to miss the comeback on twitter by completely ignoring it when it went to 0-3. Only found out when I checked the os about half an hour after it finished!

I think any other time I've left early we've lost.

I wasn't at the recent Raith game but I still managed to miss the comeback on twitter by completely ignoring it when it went to 0-3. Only found out when I checked the os about half an hour after it finished!

I think any other time I've left early we've lost.

The Raith game was one of the closest I've ever came to walking out. I actually stayed just to see the seethe from the fans at the f/t whistle which would give me something else to write about.

Good decision that

Good to see Nade and Fleming are fit for this - still hope Heh and the Don get a decent run out.

Aye, that is good, Lindsay still being out is a massive blow though. Hope Stevie is brave enough to make a few changes from the Morton game where we created so little.

Aye, that is good, Lindsay still being out is a massive blow though. Hope Stevie is brave enough to make a few changes from the Morton game where we created so little.

Agree we need to change things a bit. But it will be so much easier since we don't have those thugs from Greenock injuring all our players... ;)

Last game at st mirren park I made a mess of the entry system, pushed the turnstyle, without going through myself, it would've helped if it bleeped first time

:lol::lol: :lol:

This is horrendous on your part. The machine beeps and shows a green light what more do you want?! On saturday maybe ask one of the stewards if they can let you in through the exit so your brain isn't mashed by the complicating task of scanning a barcode then walking and pushing simultaneously.

The only change to the old fashioned way of having the ticket stub ripped off is scanning the barcode yourself, a task which you carried out perfectly well according to the above post. It would appear to me that the ticketing system is not the problem here.

Aye, our most memorable game up until this season was the 7-0 pumping we were handed in 2008 (for me in my young years anyway). Want to see how far each team has come? Here's the teams from that day:

St Mirren: Howard, Ross, Miranda, Haining, Potter, Mason, Dorman (Murray 73), Brady, Robb, Mehmet (Wyness 58), Hamilton (Dargo 57). Subs Not Used: Cuthbert, Smith.
Goals: Robb 18, Mehmet 33, Dorman 39, Mehmet 50, 52, Dargo 75, Mason 77.
Dumbarton: McEwan, Lennon, Wilson, O'Byrne, Gordon, Clark, Chisholm, Logan (Gray 66), Keegan (Tiernan 55), Gourlay (Brannan 56), Murray. Subs Not Used: Brittain, McGeown.
Paul Keegan replaced by Fergus Tiernan. The stuff of nightmares.

There were fans moaning back then too :lol: , only difference is we are struggling in a lower league now!

It's hard not to be impressed with the rise of Dumbarton in recent years.

Was looking through your results and you's have only won 6 and drew 4, with 2 of the wins coming against us. Didn't realise you's were struggling that badly for form and consistency. Now that I have brought it up it will be a comfortable away win on Saturday now.

If we win it could be hard for Dumbarton to finish above us, there would be a 5 point gap and whilst we have to play the top 3 5 times, you's have to play them 4 times. But you's play Alloa twice and still have us to play at the Rock, definitely getting to the nitty gritty stage of the season now.

:lol::lol: :lol:

This is horrendous on your part. The machine beeps and shows a green light what more do you want?! On saturday maybe ask one of the stewards if they can let you in through the exit so your brain isn't mashed by the complicating task of scanning a barcode then walking and pushing simultaneously.

The only change to the old fashioned way of having the ticket stub ripped off is scanning the barcode yourself, a task which you carried out perfectly well according to the above post. It would appear to me that the ticketing system is not the problem here.

as I scanned with my right hand, my left hand was on the turnstile, expecting it to be stiff , like cappielow, other stadiums are available, but was extremely free, and shot forward, I did feel like a complete doofus

as I scanned with my right hand, my left hand was on the turnstile, expecting it to be stiff , like cappielow, other stadiums are available, but was extremely free, and shot forward, I did feel like a complete doofus

Nothing can be worse the electronic ticket barrier at Ibrox subway station not liking my ticket. Ended up near impaled in the barrier with the force of (the) people (pee-pell) trying to force me through it.

Electronic barriers of any sort are a bad thing imo.

"BUNG A BAW AT PANDA "

That is the half time entertainment at Greenhill Road tomorrow.

If anybody has been to see the Braehead Clan,then it's similar to "Chuck a Puck at Clangus "

Cannae wait.

"BUNG A BAW AT PANDA "

That is the half time entertainment at Greenhill Road tomorrow.

If anybody has been to see the Braehead Clan,then it's similar to "Chuck a Puck at Clangus "

Cannae wait.

Despite the utterly horrendous name that sounds like a decent idea.

I've been to see yon clan a couple of times and always thought it would be good if football could introduce this and replace the pucks with bricks and replace the mascot with Pat Nevin, Neil Doncaster, John Collins, Peter Houston and John Sutton.

Archived