St Mirren v Dumbarton Championship 20/2/16

Well that's a fairly horrendous looking team.

Seems extremely harsh to drop Jaz after some excellent performances recently. Gallagher starting again. Kirkpatrick brought out of wherever he was hiding. No recognised striker in the squad.

Disappointed he's not starting either Cawley - as dire as he's been - upfront, or Heh for the slightest smidgen of creativity.

Bookmark this, we will not score from open play today. Our only hope is a set play or own goal.

6-4-0 anyone?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If my dream last night is anything to go by then Dumbarton will be 3-0 up by half time. We did have Kenny Arthur in goals mind you.

If we score 3 goals today - in either half - I'll change my team on here to St Mirren for a full year.

HT 0-0

Really hopeless game, we've had one good chance but Shankland's shot was well saved.

Neither side deserve to be ahead, hopefully a big improvement second half.

What an absolute borefest.

Do Dumbarton want Agnew back, an absolute waste of a jersey.

Our 16 year old winger is the only positive that can be taken from that.

He's just turned 17!

Agree though, he's been the only bright spark in a very dire performance.

We are really missing Mallan. Agnew is awful, and Gallagher and Clarkson are anonymous again.

Well that's a fairly horrendous looking team.

Seems extremely harsh to drop Jaz after some excellent performances recently. Gallagher starting again. Kirkpatrick brought out of wherever he was hiding. No recognised striker in the squad.

Disappointed he's not starting either Cawley - as dire as he's been - upfront, or Heh for the slightest smidgen of creativity.

Bookmark this, we will not score from open play today. Our only hope is a set play or own goal.

6-4-0 anyone?

Just noticed your team 6 defenders 2 defensive mids and 2 wide players - eh??! I'm not sure it's as attacking as 6-4-0

Full time 1-0

Solid 3 points and 3 home wins in a row, can't say much more than that. Like our other wins under Rae, we didn't play that well but we still won. Good, that's something that wasn't happening under Murray.

The goal was a rare bit of quality in a very poor game. Nice interplay between Shankland and Clarkson and a good finish, although there were definitely suspicions of offside. Dumbarton we're well organised but never offered much going forward.

Looking at the league I think that's us safe now. 10 ahead of Livi with a game in hand and 5 ahead of Dumbarton. Would need to be a collapse of Hibs like proportions for both of them to overtake us.

Fourth is still on but a bit of an outside shot. I think our season will peter out into mid table mediocrity now.

Archived