Pollok favourites to win the Scottish?

Talbot Bing

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great result for Lok today . Fancied them to win but not by the margin they did

But I think this & the Lithgae result shows that rather than the West team being great the east is a poor league this season

Correct me if I'm wrong but Bonnyrigg are top of the league .

So are Pollok I hear you say but Lok have played 4 & 5 more games than their rivals & only the most ardent Lok fan will argue that they'll finish there at the seasons end.

Linlithgow got to the last 16 of the senior Scottish and scored two against Ross County!

Heard a gentleman, Ryan who's is a Musselburgh Athletic supporter, on local Midlothian Radio today. I'm sure many of you will know him.

His theory is that by increasing the cost of entry to games in the west this has increased the income of clubs and the quality on the park. Increased quality means more exposure and sponsorship etc.

He suggested the east follow suit.

Thoughts on this.

And before anyone starts, I didn't say I agree or disagree!

I would hazzard a guess that the East Region probably get more gate money that the West irrespective of the pound difference.

been no trouble at the derby games for a number of seasons. but with id imagine emotions would be running higher than ever due to it being a scottish cup game.....that said im sure everyone would be sensible enough or again we will face a hammering and closed door games

When's the draw?

Usually in the midweek after any replays which would presumably be around Tuesday 23rd or Wednesday 24th February. Ties for the quarter final are schedules for Saturday 12th March. But with a few tasty ties in prospect maybe a suggestion would be to make use of the Sunday (13th March)as they do with the semi finals to get a few extra punters through the gates.

In games I've seen this season and we have played Pollok twice and Kilbirnie four times I have to say I'd be putting my money on kilbirnie

Yet we are the only team to beat Kilbirnie in the league. Just shows how tight and how little between all the teams there is.

Archived