County v Accies - 20/2/16

Always a good trip up to Dingwall but our last couple of performances there have been fairly awful.

We'll no doubt go 5 at the back but whoever plays up front needs as much support as possible as our strikers have been far too isolated of late. Will Jesus' suspension be up? If not then I don't have much confidence in Canning playing himself back there with Devlin suspended. I'd like to see Docherty play and give Crawford a wee spell out as he's not played well in far too long and Docherty deserves a chance through the middle.

Keeping it tight at the back seems to be Canning's priority and winning the game comes second but I'd take a point so I wouldn't complain if he keeps it that way.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think i've been up there 4 times for an Accies game, and never seen us be the better side, the 1-0 win for us being the closest.

Will be the same line up, but for Jesus coming in for Devlin. I agree with accies1874 in that Crawford should be dropped, but it just won't happen.

I'll take 0-0 all day.

I don't mind us playing 5 at the back away from home and keeping it tight. It might not be pretty but at this stage of the season with the position we're in, it's about doing enough to avoid finishing in the bottom two places. A point would be ok. Can't argue about Crawford, he's been out of sorts for a while now. At the moment Docherty would bring more to the team.

I agree with the previous posts we should be looking to keep it tight at the back and try to get a point if we don't they will cut us open as they have a much better side than accies.I also think Crawford should be on the bench he has to realise he cant just expect to be picked no matter how poorly he plays.

Our next three games before the cup matches are Hamilton (H), Dundee Utd (H), Kilmarnock (A). We really should be looking at picking up 6-7 points from these 3 games to try and put a bigger gap between us and 11th.

Expect a return to Boyce and Goodwillie up front with Reckord coming in to replace Fraser at the back.

Play like they did against Hearts and County could score 4 or 5. However it does sound like there's a few defensive concerns: obviously Fraser went off with an injury (someone said a dislocation so is he a doubt for the cup final?); Quinn was subbed off but was that injury related?; Davies was rested, according to McIntyre, because of an ankle knock; and Foster is either suspended for this game or for the week after.

Certainly some #woes there and it could develop into a full blown #crisis if all four miss this game.

Interesting to read Accies fans saying Crawford should be dropped, if he has been that bad wow, he usually terrifies me.

Missed the Hearts game last Wed and made no effort whatsoever to get to Celtic Park on Sat, not sure the extent of the injuries to Davies, Fraser, Quinn and Boyd. Could be interesting!

County haven't been lower than sixth in the league since the second match of the season. Since the beginning of October I've thought that they have been due to tumble out at some point, but it hasn't happened. Since then, County have recorded six wins and 11 defeats in 17 league fixtures. And they're still fourth! Getting their fixtures played in bad weather when postponements have happened elsewhere has played its part, as has the competitiveness of the lower-to-mid-table.

No matter how compressed the division has become, County have still held their place. However, unless County pick up a clutch of wins before the split they will find themselves out of it - they're only seven points ahead of 11th-placed Motherwell who have a game in hand.

I think 42-45 points will seal a top six place. Home wins against Hamilton and Dundee United will go a long way to that. County's record against the teams 8th and below is pretty good, but I'm not taking anything for granted.

County have the firepower to outscore these teams, but Boyce and Goodwillie need to get off the mark now that they're in the team. They looked good against Hearts and I'd be disappointed if neither scored. Nonetheless, I do worry that Hamilton will get the first goal and manage to sit on it, especially given the way that County give away cheap goals and also how unorganised they seem to be in defending set-pieces.

Interesting to read Accies fans saying Crawford should be dropped, if he has been that bad wow, he usually terrifies me.

Missed the Hearts game last Wed and made no effort whatsoever to get to Celtic Park on Sat, not sure the extent of the injuries to Davies, Fraser, Quinn and Boyd. Could be interesting!

In pretty much every game I've seen Accies play, he's been their best player. That's a very small sample size though. I'd be delighted if he was dropped. Fraser's in a pretty bad way, it sounds. Jackson Irvine at centre half? I'm assuming at least two of those players is fit for this game. We're a shell of the team we are with Davies in the side.

In pretty much every game I've seen Accies play, he's been their best player. That's a very small sample size though. I'd be delighted if he was dropped. Fraser's in a pretty bad way, it sounds. Jackson Irvine at centre half? I'm assuming at least two of those players is fit for this game. We're a shell of the team we are with Davies in the side.

I can see where some Accies fans are coming from about Crawford but the harsh truth is that without him we have absolutely no creativity in the middle of the park.

We're a shell of the team we are with Davies in the side.

I assumed you meant without but maybe you mean with. Davies does split opinion sometimes. I'm a big fan but I don't think County's open play suits his lack of pace these days.

In any event, Jimbo has been managing Davies's ankle knock and I would expect him to be back in on Saturday.

Going be the reports I'm hearing and that those I'm picking are fit I'd like us to start with;

Fox

Murdoch Boyd Davies Foster

Gardyne Irvine Woods Goodwillie

Boyce Schalk

Can Goodwillie actually play wide in midfield, or is this something we are all kind of just hoping he can do, given De Vita's chronic form?

I assumed you meant without but maybe you mean with. Davies does split opinion sometimes. I'm a big fan but I don't think County's open play suits his lack of pace these days.

In any event, Jimbo has been managing Davies's ankle knock and I would expect him to be back in on Saturday.

Yeah, I kind of confused myself. Basically we aren't anywhere near as good when Davies isn't playing. I'd suggest if Davies splits opinion, it's only because those same opinion-givers would have us punt the ball up the line every time the centre backs get in the slightest bit of pressure.

He's comfortably our best player.

Are there no defenders in our U20s that might be capable of stepping in on Saturday? I know the young team has had a few decent results recently.

Stephen Miller plays right-back and his name has been touted for a couple of years now. He has good pace, reads the game fairly well and and cross a ball. He could do with building up some muscle but he has filled out in the last year or so. I haven't seen the DL in the last couple of months so I don't know what his immediate form is.

I've been really impressed with our left-back McLaughlin when I've seen him. He's a Gary Bollan type: built well but maybe just a couple of inches too short to be a centre-back, but nonethless a no-nonsense defender with a powerful and accurate left peg. He and Miller complement one another well, I think.

Both played in the 1-2 loss to Accies earlier in the week, so neither will start, but maybe one might be on the bench if we're short of full-backs.

Archived