Best sunday amateur team you've played

Who Gives A Fcuk

Finnart were excellent, played against Calderhill several times when I played for Ballerup in the C&D about 12 years ago, great side with a lot of ex-junior players. Think they won the league with a 100% record one year.

Sunday football is at its worst in years

The standard has dropped for me also over the last decade or so. Maybe not overall standard but the standard of the very best teams has.

Years ago your Sunday Scottish Champions were littered with players from the top Saturday amateur sides.

The standard has dropped for me also over the last decade or so. Maybe not overall standard but the standard of the very best teams has.

Years ago your Sunday Scottish Champions were littered with players from the top Saturday amateur sides.

so has the recent winners mate, and the big Saturday players are just getting ready to appear again as it enters the final stages

It still is knob rash.

Look at the last 3 winners. They have been littered with top Saturday players.

I don't think the standard has dropped at all. I started playing Sundays 10 years ago and it was a shambles with everything from parks to kits to refs. Now their are a number of teams who solely concentrate on sunday football as they enjoy it better. I'd say ourselves (salters) Lothian Newton Heath RDV from our way, Harvey and Cross Tavern from Livi and countless west region teams would easily compete at top level on a Saturday but most enjoy the nature and level headness of a sunday or watch Hearts hibs etc

We played Centaur AFC in the Scottish a good few years ago now. Was 2-1 and our winger got send off for "not retreating the required distance from a throw in". ended up 4-1.

They were a right good side. Big GK was a lot older but by fcuk he was some shot stopper.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived