Ayr United vs Forfar Athletic

Is there any great benefit to finishing second? I'd rather finish third but string 3 or 4 wins together at the very end than finish second but stutter going into the playoffs.

You get more of a payment from the SPFL for finishing a place higher also you would be at home for the 2nd leg of the play off semi final with Peterhead.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite us not being at our best I thought we more than deserved the win. However, for all the Forfar fans out there I thought your team played well and with better finishing may have got a result. Swankie was a constant threat in the first half and the boy who scored took his goal well. I really believe you guys are more than good enough to get out trouble and even if you do finish second bottom should easily win the play offs.

I hope your right but I just don't see it .

What are folks' thoughts on Devlin atm? AUMedia and McCall were going on about how the 'real Nicky Devlin' was back but I didn't see any of his trademark charges down the right and it was his mistake which caused the Forfar goal.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the guy but I feel like his hand injury is still hampering his performances.

What are folks' thoughts on Devlin atm? AUMedia and McCall were going on about how the 'real Nicky Devlin' was back but I didn't see any of his trademark charges down the right and it was his mistake which caused the Forfar goal.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the guy but I feel like his hand injury is still hampering his performances.

Not at his best and definaetly lost ball for the goal, Killie watchin him at the moment

Go and take a flying f**k. You'd have loved ayr to drop points today even if you deny it.

McCall was spot on in everything he said in that interview - and it was refreshing to hear some honesty rather than the usual media trained pish.

We need to build some form for the playoffs but there's plenty of time for that.

Good three points and great to see stevo grab another couple.

The Messiah reeled in another one, I see.

I thought the pitch looked terrible on BBC Alba, and it seemed really dark too (perhaps just my feed from iPlayer, through some dodgy Russian VPN, streaming to the west coast of North America), but then watching Wullies highlights from AUMedia, it looked 10x better quality and the pitch looked acceptable.

Ah well...not the best game ever, but it's only the 3rd Ayr game I've been able to see live in 4 years, so I'm quite happy with it :)

didn't realise the attendance was only 763 on Saturday didn't think being on Alba would have affected it that much

The weather was stinking so watching it on TV would appeal to the non hardcore.

My Granda doesn't miss a home game but decided to stay at home and watch it due to the weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Archived