Brechin City v Ayr United

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need width. We have none, cramming several central midfielders into the side.

And to stop letting Gilmour waste every single set piece we get.

Gilmour's set pieces were good on Tuesday night. Agree regarding the wingers, we have far too many players who's best position is playing behind the striker, end result of this is we rarely get the best out of them.

Be as well playing a 4:3:3 as the wide players in our 4:4:2 constantly come inside anyway. With Trouten/Forrest behind the striker this should get the best out of them too.

We should be watching re-runs of Brechin last season to try and figure out where we are going wrong with Trouten! Flashes of brilliance, i.e. Tuesday but that's it.

Gilmour's set pieces were good on Tuesday night. Agree regarding the wingers, we have far too many players who's best position is playing behind the striker, end result of this is we rarely get the best out of them.

Be as well playing a 4:3:3 as the wide players in our 4:4:2 constantly come inside anyway. With Trouten/Forrest behind the striker this should get the best out of them too.

We should be watching re-runs of Brechin last season to try and figure out where we are going wrong with Trouten! Flashes of brilliance, i.e. Tuesday but that's it.

I think you have too many similar minded midfield players who all like to try and break at speed. When Trouten was at his best , he had a free roam to wander with Tiger and Fusco doing the more defensive stuff . As was stated a wide player is the answer . We had Bobby Barr who switched from side to side feeding Jackson and Thomson. Trouten picked up the scraps and scored a lot of goals just hanging behind the strikers. Won a lot of penalties too with incisive running into the box forcing defenders to make rash challenges.

I think you have too many similar minded midfield players who all like to try and break at speed. When Trouten was at his best , he had a free roam to wander with Tiger and Fusco doing the more defensive stuff . As was stated a wide player is the answer . We had Bobby Barr who switched from side to side feeding Jackson and Thomson. Trouten picked up the scraps and scored a lot of goals just hanging behind the strikers. Won a lot of penalties too with incisive running into the box forcing defenders to make rash challenges.

There probably isn't much point in having him if you don't give him that free role, we should give him that role for a few weeks and try and help him get some confidence and form for the play offs.

Two goals from open play with us this season says it all.

There probably isn't much point in having him if you don't give him that free role, we should give him that role for a few weeks and try and help him get some confidence and form for the play offs.

Two goals from open play with us this season says it all.

I am surprised it has taken this long to work that out !!!

I wonder what goes through some managers' heads sometimes. They are so caught up in their own over complicated ideals ( and their own pride at being told that their methods aren't working ) that they often miss the simple things . I am no football coach but I think anyone can see that Trouten is not happy in his current role. He was frustrated as hell yesterday and was maybe lucky not to pick up a second yellow.

Archived