Newtongrange star

b on the star

Without using the medium of song, can somebody in-the-know write a short summary of what exactly has gone on at Newtongrange Star?
Where's the money gone?
How much do they owe?
Is the chairman and/or committee to blame?
Are they that skint they can't afford decent players and that's why they're struggling?
How many home supporters are they getting through the gates these days?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Benny The Fish said:

They are doomed. But instead of talking about their own team one man has decided to write a schoolboy poem about Musselburgh. Think that says it all really.

Says the man who has posted 3 times in another clubs message board.

For your next post on this board can you include the date of your clubs next AGM meeting date please.

A 2 second job I'm sure, also can you post a link to the notes from the last AGM as well. Looked everywhere for both but no luck so far. You seem to have loads of spare time worrying about other clubs so give you something to do.

Nitten are an enigma to me.  Great facilities but something is just not right.  Never seem to receive backing when we play through there.  Nobody on here to stand in their corner and constant money rumours.

Nitten are a big club with a proud history and should be at the top end fighting for honours, not scrapping to avoid relegation.

Exadmirer - in your earlier post you say that Musselburgh has has no home (league) wins since opening day. However, in total Musselburgh have 4 league wins overall - 24% of matches played. We also have 5 losses in league - 29% of matches played.

Stats for Nitten - 3 league wins - 14% of matches played and 13 league losses - 62% of matches played.

For me as a fan   - I agree than our win stats aren't great, but I can see my team, can over the rest of the season, improve on this, based on how we are currently playing.

With only 9 league games left for Nitten, can you see the same for your team?

7 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Exadmirer - in your earlier post you say that Musselburgh has has no home (league) wins since opening day. However, in total Musselburgh have 4 league wins overall - 24% of matches played. We also have 5 losses in league - 29% of matches played.

Stats for Nitten - 3 league wins - 14% of matches played and 13 league losses - 62% of matches played.

For me as a fan   - I agree than our win stats aren't great, but I can see my team, can over the rest of the season, improve on this, based on how we are currently playing.

With only 9 league games left for Nitten, can you see the same for your team?

If you say so. Fair enough. From the outside it looks like the same as last season but will take your word that you are improving. 

All the posts say your always unlucky so maybe that will change. Don't pay too much attention.

're your question We are playing well. Unlucky today. Always going to be difficult to stay in the league with a new squad....but you are finding that out as well. 

9 hours ago, Benny The Fish said:

No AGM - but you already knew that.

Away a write another poem.

No AGM?  Or do you mean you don't know or havent been told when it is?

Glad you liked it. If only I had the time to spend on other teams like you have them I would.

Just for the future everytime you come in to talk about us I will ask you a question on your team. 

No luck with the AGM question so will ask you......how many of last year's team and the year before are still to be paid?

12 hours ago, Benny The Fish said:

Who actually cares about a AGM? We just had a really successful night out - with our player and fans attending. Solidarity. Which unfortunately you have none of these days.

It must have been exciting if you are straight back in here before last orders.

You will need to explain how solidarity helps? From the chat in the boozer every weekend it is clear your crowds are down. Which we can both agree is not good. 

An AGM. i might be wide of the mark but My understanding is that all clubs must have 1. How do you appoint committee, go over figuares etc

Here is some free advice. Information that you and your hard core fans wouldn't know because you are at your own clubs game. When you are away from home the majority of your support watches other teams. The chat at Bonnyrigg a few weeks ago and in the pubs every week is exactly the same. They don't know what's happening - There is no information - sponsors are being put off by your committee's behaviour - no AGM to find out where money is going.

So some friendly words to you. Spend your time finding out why there is no AGM. Put some pressure on your fellow committee people to hold one because far from the pretty picture you are painting your club is a shambles and supporters + sponsors walking away because of it. 

Once you have done that feel free to lecture everyone else on solidarity. Or you can keep coming in here for petty points scoring whilst your club sinks faster than a cold pint.

18 hours ago, Benny The Fish said:

Who actually cares about a AGM? We just had a really successful night out - with our player and fans attending. Solidarity. Which unfortunately you have none of these days.

Mr Brown, why are you always interested in our club? Surely as a 'super fan' of the the wee team from down the road you have your own problems with staying in the league, i expect us to be relegated and your lot also. I've watched you several times and at best you are a bottom half team, we are sh*t!

Oh, another new account started! As you named me (although I think folk already knew) why don't you tell me who you are. Instead of posting pish. Unfortunately, for you, there are no problems down Musselburgh way. Great squad of players, all getting paid and a happy bunch. Obviously you are some bitter twat with a grudge to bear. And that amuses me [emoji23]

2 hours ago, HumptyDumpdy said:

Mr xxxx why are you always interested in our club? Surely as a 'super fan' of the the wee team from down the road you have your own problems with staying in the league, i expect us to be relegated and your lot also. I've watched you several times and at best you are a bottom half team, we are sh*t!

I've been hearing our manager will be sacked before the end of the season if results don't improve, even tho he was given vote of confidence at last meeting!

Well done Humpty - you must feel so proud! Why name someone when you don't do the same for yourself?

I'll get back to you at the end of the season to see what your thoughts are when Musselburgh aren't relegated.

There were no posts on this thread for about 3 months until early last week when Nitten posters were asked for their thoughts. None were given and then exadmirer brought it round to Musselburgh. Sad, as it would have been good to hear some of the supporters thoughts about Nitten. At least you did give your's but Benny was only responding to Ex's initial comments. 

3 hours ago, HumptyDumpdy said:

Mr Benny, why are you always interested in our club? Surely as a 'super fan' of the the wee team from down the road you have your own problems with staying in the league, i expect us to be relegated and your lot also. I've watched you several times and at best you are a bottom half team, we are sh*t!

So, 8 days after being asked, at last someone from the 'big team???' from up the road, says what he thinks of his team, Nitten! Well done for that. However, his first name fits that of the other comment he made in his first post on P&B. 

First he names someone,  then has a wee change of heart and deletes half the name. Bit late for that Mr Dumpdy! Then he talks of Burgh as a wee team - seemingly referring to Nitten as a big team? Given this team's position, think I'm glad the Burgh are thought of as a wee team, especially as we will still be in the top East Region League, where as his big team will most likely finish at the bottom of the pile come the end of the season!

All the best next year. Who knows what'll happen then!

It must have been exciting if you are straight back in here before last orders.
You will need to explain how solidarity helps? From the chat in the boozer every weekend it is clear your crowds are down. Which we can both agree is not good. 
An AGM. i might be wide of the mark but My understanding is that all clubs must have 1. How do you appoint committee, go over figuares etc
Here is some free advice. Information that you and your hard core fans wouldn't know because you are at your own clubs game. When you are away from home the majority of your support watches other teams. The chat at Bonnyrigg a few weeks ago and in the pubs every week is exactly the same. They don't know what's happening - There is no information - sponsors are being put off by your committee's behaviour - no AGM to find out where money is going.
So some friendly words to you. Spend your time finding out why there is no AGM. Put some pressure on your fellow committee people to hold one because far from the pretty picture you are painting your club is a shambles and supporters + sponsors walking away because of it. 
Once you have done that feel free to lecture everyone else on solidarity. Or you can keep coming in here for petty points scoring whilst your club sinks faster than a cold pint.

Oh dear

17 hours ago, Benny The Fish said:

P.S. I've never posted on your sad wee thread until Friday - until there was a personal attack on my club and digs at me. So now I will bid you farewell. And hope you get relegated emoji23.png

14 hours ago, Benny The Fish said:

Oh dear

What happened Benny? Did you get stuck in the door? 

a bid farewell followed by 2 more posts!

Since your back again it's another question for you then!

No luck with the AGM or wages issue from last season so today's question is..  

£5,790, Bill for HMFC unpaid by said team.

Can you tell us what this was for and what steps your committee are taking to retrieve this money?

Keep coming back, will keep asking you questions!

Archived