Dundee v Hearts

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's like Csaba. Sets his stall out and happy just to try and manage the game at 1-0. When the opposition make mistakes we might get another goal, that's fine but no need to go all out looking for more goals.

Laszlo 08-09 vs. Neilson 15-16

Games won by 2+ goals: Laszlo 3-8 Neilson

Games won by 3+ goals: Laszlo 1-4 Neilson

Goals scored: Laszlo 40-50 Neilson

And that's comparing a whole 38 game season to our 28 games so far.

I also don't really get the whole "we always settle for 1-0" thing. Even on Saturday we had a fair few chances to score a second goal, we had a goal disallowed and a stonewall penalty turned down. Sometimes we don't manage to add to the lead and psychologically that causes us to play deeper late on while the other team push on because they're still in the game. I don't know why everyone automatically attributes this to Neilson's instructions because it isn't even remotely unique to us. We've actually got a very good record of winning when we go 1-0 up anyway.

Laszlo 08-09 vs. Neilson 15-16

Games won by 2+ goals: Laszlo 3-8 Neilson

Games won by 3+ goals: Laszlo 1-4 Neilson

Goals scored: Laszlo 40-50 Neilson

And that's comparing a whole 38 game season to our 28 games so far.

I also don't really get the whole "we always settle for 1-0" thing. Even on Saturday we had a fair few chances to score a second goal, we had a goal disallowed and a stonewall penalty turned down. Sometimes we don't manage to add to the lead and psychologically that causes us to play deeper late on while the other team push on because they're still in the game. I don't know why everyone automatically attributes this to Neilson's instructions because it isn't even remotely unique to us. We've actually got a very good record of winning when we go 1-0 up anyway.

There's only 3 teams in the whole of the UK who have scored 2 or more goals more often than Hearts this season. Celtic, Rangers and Leicester.

There's only 3 teams in the whole of the UK who have scored 2 or more goals more often than Hearts this season. Celtic, Rangers and Leicester.

Yeah, I saw that on Twitter earlier. Some criticisms of Neilson are fair, some of them are demonstrably shite.

Yes, I'm exaggerating, taking it too far. He's not as bad was Csaba.

It's just that it's like we have more to give than we do. We should be second.

Csaba Neilson

You shouldn't be 2nd at all. Aberdeen are a better side.

Willie Collum anarchy ahead.

He has done 37 Hearts games and sent off a total of 14 players. 9 Hearts.

Apparently 3/1 for a red card with Hills.

Fair do's - you don't agree that you should be 2nd?

This looks to be the strongest Aberdeen campaign in a generation. They're quite likely to finish on 80 points. I'm not going to be too upset if we don't match that first time back in the top flight. 

Of course if they have a late collapse like 2013-14 and limp home  with 72 and we're 3rd with 71 then that would be genuinely annoying.

Mind some of the Dundee predictions on here pre/early season about us? Will need to drag them up at some point. Some utterly hilarious shouts.

Archived