The Quarter Finals

jimbaxters

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hat's off to Hurlford. Played like they wanted to win. Wee Kean bullied Lyle out the game.

The state of the Park undoubtedly played a big part as well.

Overall this is definitely a Talbot team that hasn't woken up all season. I am miffed why wee Love still doesn't get a game his face at the end of the game says it all. I'll be surprised if he is a Talbot player next season.

Anyway rant over Well done Hurlford and v best of luck for the semi finals.

Aye...defo should have gone to a replay I think. No team deserved to win on the day. Each team had chances, Kilbirnie the better of the chances. But as you said, longmuir pulled off some top class saves to keep us in. Was too far away to see the Kilbirnie penalty incident at the end.

Hat's off to Hurlford. Played like they wanted to win. Wee Kean bullied Lyle out the game.

The state of the Park undoubtedly played a big part as well.

Overall this is definitely a Talbot team that hasn't woken up all season. I am miffed why wee Love still doesn't get a game his face at the end of the game says it all. I'll be surprised if he is a Talbot player next season.

Anyway rant over Well done Hurlford and v best of luck for the semi finals.

Thanks for that and it takes a lot to come on here on the back of loss. The park never favoured either team and as you stated we looked to want it more. Today's attendance was 1,128 ( for anyone interested)

Cmon The'FORD

Gutted fkin never a penalty

If that was a penalty then we should have had one a minute later.

Pollok goalie won the game for them outstanding performance from him , all the best to Pollok in the semi .

Think I mentioned to ginger a decent striker will win you these games

Does anyone know a rough date of the semi finals at all?

Semi final dates are 9th/10th April with the 2nd legs played the following week on the 16th/17th April. The final has been provisionally scheduled for Sunday 29th May (venue tbc)

Ultimate smash and grab as said before. Port from us to start but we got better as the game went on. Didn't see the penalty so will wait to the highlights before saying anything about it.

Don't think the Ladeside fans can complain to much about the ref, most of the bookings went your way and Stuanton should have been off long before he was.

Well done to the other two teams that are through, and can't wait until the Semis! MTLN

Archived