Natalie McGarry- Again

Tom McB

5 hours ago, ScotSquid said:

It's not fair to say this is something similar until a lot more facts are known about Law's issue.

How many more of these are there? Good to see the SNP bringing a new type of politics to Westminster. 

This is the problem when monkeys with yellow rosettes are elected. Law is another complete cretin, irrespective of whether he is guilty of any offences here.

Should have definitely stuck with the monkeys with red rosettes then.  Or exchanged them for monkeys with blue rosettes.  Great point.

Evidently any political party is going to occasionally find a candidate has been less than honest or has unpalatable views etc. No vetting process is ever going to eliminate the possibility of some cretin making it through their selection process.  Unless you somehow think a selection panel can magically determine if they're being given straight answers just by looking at someone.  You still might end up putting some moron who stuck all his savings into shares in Northern Rock, for example, irrespective of what safeguards you have in place.

On 28/09/2016 at 08:36, Colkitto said:

Before she became an MP she was a regular political pundit on Scotland Tonight so she couldn't have been that much of a roaster. I never heard anyone saying did you hear her on Scotland Tonight what a roaster!

She was competent enough and was high profile on social media. Then she made a couple of controversial comments on Twitter and paid the price for it.

No idea what's happened with the missing funds, but I'm sure we'll find out shortly. If she is guilty then she will get everything that is due to her.

Your post is made with the benefit of hindsight and lets you get a few digs at the SNP into the bargain. There is no vetting procedure in the world that could have foreseen the mess McGarry has got herself into - and that goes for all party's, all have a few roasters in their ranks.

In 2015 There were 14324 people charged with crimes of dishonesty from a population of 5.295m that's 0.25%. So far SNP MP's are running at 2%  with a further 2% under investigation. Maybe the should change their vetting process to pulling random names out of the voters register.

Edited by thisal

1 hour ago, thisal said:

In 2015 There were 14324 people charged with crimes of dishonesty from a population of 5.295m that's 0.25%. So far SNP MP's are running at 2%  with a further 2% under investigation. Maybe the should change their vetting process to pulling random names out of the voters register.

People can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I would imagine someone with Mr Law's background and experience would be very well versed in proper financial management.

Be interesting to see exactly what is being investigated.

Yes, and where the complaint originated from. Unfortunately as the glacial nature of the McGarry case showed, and that was a more recognisable and prima facie case of wrongdoing, I doubt we'll see Law face charges for some months even if there are grounds to do so.

Which will be amusing, as with McGarry, for the 'myeah, but theyve been accused of nuffink yet so it's all lies' brigade making a fool of themselves again.

10 minutes ago, ScotSquid said:

Yes, and where the complaint originated from. Unfortunately as the glacial nature of the McGarry case showed, and that was a more recognisable and prima facie case of wrongdoing, I doubt we'll see Law face charges for some months even if there are grounds to do so.

Which will be amusing, as with McGarry, for the 'myeah, but theyve been accused of nuffink yet so it's all lies' brigade making a fool of themselves again.

Who stated it was all lies?

16 minutes ago, ScotSquid said:

Yes, and where the complaint originated from.

Chris Law isn't universally loved in the Dundee SNP.

When this brash charismatic character appeared from nowhere to be selected as the parliamentary candidate on a wave of new members more than a few people saw their "birthright" stolen.

As an MP I don't think he has done a bad job at all and was instrumental in getting the Dundee to Amsterdam flight established for example.

As a man with his entourage in Mennies on a Saturday night? Can't take to him at all. Very pleased with himself. That said if I was minted with a tidy younger woman I would be pleased too.

When this brash charismatic character appeared from nowhere to be selected as the parliamentary candidate on a wave of new members more than a few people saw their "birthright" stolen.

As an MP I don't think he has done a bad job at all and was instrumental in getting the Dundee to Amsterdam flight established for example.

As a man with his entourage in Mennies on a Saturday night? Can't take to him at all. Very pleased with himself. That said if I was minted with a tidy younger woman I would be pleased too.

Basically he's as big a dickhead as he looks but been an ok MP ?
Seems fair enough.

38 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I particularly enjoyed his 'i demand clarification' exchange with FlyBe when the concept of a curfew at Dundee airport seemed to elude the puffed up p***k.

The procurator fiscal has received a report concerning a 35-year-old female, in connection with alleged incidents said to have occurred between March 26 2013 and August 15 2016.

The report is currently under consideration by the procurator fiscal.

From The Herald