Mark Warburton

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warburton is shite and will be sacked before Christmas.

Would Alloa have won the League with Warbs as Manager while utilising a part time budget?

Obviously not. But had he taken Alloa to a 3rd or 4th placed finish he'd have done a great job. And he's already proven he can do something like that against teams with far larger budgets.

To an extent I agree the praise he gets is at times over the top but there's no denying (up to this point) he's done really well.

Obviously not. But had he taken Alloa to a 3rd or 4th placed finish he'd have done a great job. And he's already proven he can do something like that against teams with far larger budgets.

To an extent I agree the praise he gets is at times over the top but there's no denying (up to this point) he's done really well.

There's no denying he has done well. Best manager in Scotland? A ridiculous suggestion by some bears.

There's no denying he has done well. Best manager in Scotland? A ridiculous suggestion by some bears.

Who is a better manager?

Again, the praise for him is at times over the top but if you were to ask Rangers fans which boss of any other team up here would you take ahead of Warburton most of them wouldn't suggest anyone else.

The next best manager is (possible future Rangers boss) Derek McInnes. I don't believe he is the better manager but that's just my opinion.

Warburton is by a country mile the Moty. The only surprise is Stubbs never made the shortlist. Two cup finals and a good chance of promotion. Other than those two you can forget it. Peter Houston ffs!!!

Of course Houston has achieved more than the other pair.

A special brand of idiocy is required to not get that.

Warburton has done fine though.

Who is a better manager?

Again, the praise for him is at times over the top but if you were to ask Rangers fans which boss of any other team up here would you take ahead of Warburton most of them wouldn't suggest anyone else.

The next best manager is (possible future Rangers boss) Derek McInnes. I don't believe he is the better manager but that's just my opinion.

Off the top of my head McIntyre at County, Mckinnon at Raith. Johnston at Dunfermline. Archibald has taken us to a point of the top 6 with the smallest budget in the Premiership after an injury and suspension hit first 3 months rear saw us bottom of the league with and handful of points.

I must say I'm not as well versed as the Rangers fans seem to be on the bitt9m two divisions to put someone forward other than Johnston.

McInnes would be in the running if his team weren't lacking in bottle.

As I said Warburton has done a fine job. But let's be realistic. Sec9nd biggest budget playing in the second tier. Full time players in a league with some part time teams. Do rangers fans still believe he has the best training facilities to hand?

Let's not forget he managed a draw against celtic. Twice his team gave away a lead to them. The only negative I have for our manager is the fact we took nothing off that shower of pish.

Off the top of my head McIntyre at County, Mckinnon at Raith. Johnston at Dunfermline. Archibald has taken us to a point of the top 6 with the smallest budget in the Premiership

Admittedly I haven't followed League One or the Premiership but why would Rangers fans prefer any of those ahead of Warburton? (neither of which are impressive IMO)

That said, and I've said this before, the results since Rangers won the league have been a disgrace. What was a fantastic season for Warburton has now been diminished by the results against Falkirk, Raith, Hibs, Alloa and Livingston. Yet inbetween that, in the games that weren't meaningless, the team goes on to win against Peterhead and Celtic.

The players must shoulder some of the blame for the poor performances but what are Warburton and Davie Weir saying about that?... Why haven't the players been motivated enough? Would a boring Walter Smith team have done that? No chance.

So, yeah, I'm not Warburton's biggest fan, and I do believe he'll truly be judged by his achievements, or lack thereof, over the next few seasons. I'm also yet to be convinced pushing forward at any opportunity whilst leaving two at the back will go unpunished against higher league opposition but I also believe there's no one up here better suited to take the club forward. Time will tell.

Admittedly I haven't followed League One or the Premiership but why would Rangers fans prefer any of those ahead of Warburton? (neither of which are impressive IMO)

Well that's kind of the point isn't it. Rangers fans refuse to see past rangers. Nothing else matters to them

And yet everyone else can see the bigger picture.

There's a world outside rangers.

Well that's kind of the point isn't it. Rangers fans refuse to see past rangers. Nothing else matters to them

And yet everyone else can see the bigger picture.

There's a world outside rangers.

I can only speak for myself, and I think you've maybe misunderstood what I said, but I'm only interested in the Championship at the moment (not just Rangers).

I could tell you more about the current Raith Rovers team than Celtic's.

Anything outside the league Rangers are competing in is not of much interest to me. The same applied when Rangers were in the 3rd Division and League One.

I think you're detracting from the point I was making though, and that's that some of us don't believe Warburton is the messiah. In a way I was agreeing with you but you've still tried to turn it into an argument.

I can only speak for myself, and I think you've maybe misunderstood what I said, but I'm only interested in the Championship at the moment (not just Rangers).

Anything outside the league Rangers are competing in is not of much interest to me. The same applied when Rangers were in the 3rd Division and League One.

I think you're detracting from the point I was making though, and that's that some of us don't believe Warburton is the messiah. In a way I was agreeing with you but you've still tried to turn it into an argument.

Im agreeing with you, ya mad man.

That's just how it is, I couldn't tell you jack-shit about the top flight or the leagues below.

This notion that folk across the World keep tabs on our top flght, and in particular it's rather ugly derby match, is just utter fantasy generated by people who want to believe it - nobody really cares about Scottish Football ... even us :P

Of course Houston has achieved more than the other pair. A special brand of idiocy is required to not get that. Warburton has done fine though.

Unbelievable. There is only one manager that comes anywhere close to Warburton and that is Stubbs. Finalists in both domestic cup finals..OK loses both finals but still got his team there.

Houston has done nothing of note this season...NOTHING. What was the score when Houstons Falkirk played Premier opposition? Compare that to the record Warburton and Stubbs teams have against Premier opposition.

Only an obsessed diddy would try and play down the success of Rangers and Hibs.

Archived