Morton vs. Queens 15th March

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a Jim Duffy masterclass in the second half, his baffling tactics almost cost us the 3 points there. Thank god we saw it out was fearing the worst there after their second went in and Russell came on.

Raith have a tough run of games coming up, win our next two and we could be right behind them, mon the ton !!

Looking at Morton's fixtures they could easily be four or five points ahead of us going into the final three against Hibs, Falkirk and Rangers. Avoiding defeat at Cappielow looks like it'll be vital for us, and we're without two strikers that day due to international call-ups.

Looking at Morton's fixtures they could easily be four or five points ahead of us going into the final three against Hibs, Falkirk and Rangers. Avoiding defeat at Cappielow looks like it'll be vital for us, and we're without two strikers that day due to international call-ups.

We have to win the next two or its definetly put of our reach for this season i think

Still think it's a tough ask for us to finish fourth, can't see us going on a great run as we are too inconsistent. 

He sure does. And considering that fact it's probably an extremely daft view I have in that I really don't rate the guy. He just comes across as a clumsy lump of a player but it's obviously effective. He has his admirers down this way as well and some folk reckon he should be a Queens player purely because he comes from here :wacko:

Great grandson of Bobby Black should be at Queens. I'd be looking to sign him up permanently from Birmingham or on loan if I was on the Queens board.

Great grandson of Bobby Black should be at Queens. I'd be looking to sign him up permanently from Birmingham or on loan if I was on the Queens board.

Purely because he's related to a former player? I used to go to school with Jim Patterson's great grandson. I'll nip up the town the mora and say to him he should get his CV into Palmerston, he'll be sure to get a game :lol:

Purely because he's related to a former player? I used to go to school with Jim Patterson's great grandson. I'll nip up the town the mora and say to him he should get his CV into Palmerston, he'll be sure to get a game :lol:

I'd have said that being one of the top scorers in the league is sufficient reason to sign someone TBH.

3 points though. Raith we're after you!!!!

’

Were really not, Col. We're incapable of beating Raith, St Mirren and Falkirk. We threw away a potential win at Alloa (and almost repeated the feat tonight) Don't like to be negative after a win but we've peaked at 5th spot imo. If we managed to finish there we'll have done well,   with JD as manager.

Raith  are virtually bombproof in 4th spot unless St Mirren go on a crazy run (which I don't discount)

I'd have said that being one of the top scorers in the league is sufficient reason to sign someone TBH.

That was not a reason given in the original quoted statement though :P

Edited to say, quickly glancing he's scored about 45% (or 5) of his league goals against us. I think he would much rather play against us than for us :lol:

Can only take each game as it comes but as long as we beat Raith and they don't get any points from Hibs or Rangers then we're still in it. There's no reason we can't take 7 points from 9 v livi, Dumbarton and alloa which would make it pretty close going into the last few games. I'm not saying I think we'll do it but there's no reason to be chucking it just now

Another game we didnt deserve to lose, although, again, arguably didnt create enough good chances to deserve to win. Having said that, we had more shots on goal and on target than the opposition, which must be a first for some time.

Really surprised to see Morton fans happy with the first half performance. Other than a brief spell at 1-0, and another early second half, they struggled to string two passes together.

Three really poor goals to lose, although take nothing away from Johnstone and McMullan for two good finishes. The first is a simple ball into the box which, again, we fail to deal with. Pickard has to take the blame, for me, he goes for a ball he's never going to get and leaves Johnstone all on his own. The second is a good ball and run but theres no way Johnstone should be getting past Dowie that easily. Third comes from Jacobs simply giving the ball straight to McMullan with no one behind him!

Again, though, for all the possession we had we struggled to create much in the final third. Every cross, apart from the one for the goal and a couple late on that Gaston took really well, hit the first defender. Oliver looked far more dangerous when he moved centrally though. 

Another game we didnt deserve to lose, although, again, arguably didnt create enough good chances to deserve to win. Having said that, we had more shots on goal and on target than the opposition, which must be a first for some time.

It's the first time since Saturday!

Though last night was far more dominant than Saturday. After 25 minutes Morton had basically been in our half twice and we were 2-0 down! The defending on all three goals was shambolic unfortunately and to an extent that means we got what we deserved but in terms of the match balance it was seriously harsh on us. We possibly played better in the first half than we did in the second but views will inevitably be skewed by the fact we were 3-0 down, and would have been 4-0 down but for a remarkable save from Thomson. Jacobs had a nightmare unfortunately and had a hand in all three goals lost. I thought Morton, Johnstone apart, were very average but they'll never be presented with three easier goals. It's tough to lose a 3-0 lead handed to you in half an hour but they tried hard!

There were some good performances out there but we still lost and need to arrest that on Saturday desperately.

Not sure what Patterson's great grandson is like as a footballer but at least we know Johnstone's credentials.

Archived