Morton vs. Queens 15th March

Guest Flash

Inevitably it went to print before the Raith Rovers game, and they are hardly going to "sell" the shirt draw with a bunch of pessimism are they. What did you expect?

I didn't expect anything and I understand that the leaflet may have gone to print before the Raith game.

But presumably the blurb on the OS didn't have to go to the printers? So those comments were good to see.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to be honest, similar comments about the run of play to Queens. We have tended to play OK but lose by the odd goal, often very late goal. Raith have beaten us three times this season with an injury time winner. Falkirk did the same at Falkirk. If we had hung on as we should have v Raith we would be comfortably in 4th.

Is it a fitness thing I wonder?

Wth Ross Forbes at least, very much so. Time and again the guy's bowing out his hoop with half an hour to go, and that was again the case on Tuesday. It was crying out for Duffy to put on Rikki Lamie and move O'Ware into the midfield at 3-0 and 3-1 to shitfest the game out but his decision not to very nearly came back to haunt us.

Much as I think Forbes is an excellent player, his levels of fitness for a 26 year old full time footballer leave an awful lot to be desired.

So much this. It's basically why I said it would surprise me if Fowler was chopped in the summer. There's no question performances have been close to dreadful at times this year, but league position wise we are doing as was expected/slightly better. Anyone who genuinely thought 4th was the least we could have expected at the start of the season was kidding themselves.

Did anyone "genuinely think 4th was the least we could have expected" though? I don't remember reading any comments along those lines at all.

The reality though is that we've crumpled in each Cup, scored half as many goals as last season and fallen to last in our little mini league.

It was always likely to be worse than last season, but that doesn't mean we had to assume, or must now accept, that it's this bad.

It's a shit season.

Tapping has a career history of injuries. Not aware anyone else does? Are you referring to Hilson? I'm not aware that he has had any particular injury record of note prior to coming here. He broke his foot early on and re-broke it when he came back the first time. It's not like he's had a range of injuries with us either, in contrast to Tapping who has had three different injuries since the start of the season.

Positive I read a Forfar fan's post who said he didn't see much of Hilson due to him picking up an injury.

Did anyone "genuinely think 4th was the least we could have expected" though? I don't remember reading any comments along those lines at all.The reality though is that we've crumpled in each Cup, scored half as many goals as last season and fallen to last in our little mini league.It was always likely to be worse than last season, but that doesn't mean we had to assume, or must now accept, that it's this bad.It's a shit season.

There was a QoS poster who commented the other day that he guaranteed the board absolutely expected us to finish 4th :wacko:

The performances have been poor as I say. Finishing anywhere between 5th and 7th is technically 'as expected' territory though.

And to be honest, similar comments about the run of play to Queens. We have tended to play OK but lose by the odd goal, often very late goal. Raith have beaten us three times this season with an injury time winner. Falkirk did the same at Falkirk. If we had hung on as we should have v Raith we would be comfortably in 4th.

Is it a fitness thing I wonder?

I don't think it is. We also scored late goals at Raith, skunks, Rangers and Dumbarton from memory.

Honestly think we have just been unlucky in some games, especially the 3 Raith ones.

Could argue its maybe concentration, but even then, that doesn't guarantee you wont conceed.

Not quite the same thing as you implied though, is it?

What have I implied? I just said that anyone who genuinely expected a top 4 finish at the start of the season was kidding themselves. My second part was just confirming someone actually thought that was the case :lol:

I never said "those who said", I said "those who thought". By that I meant if folk were thinking we'd get 4th. It wasn't a comment about folk having said it specifically on here.

What have I implied? I just said that anyone who genuinely expected a top 4 finish at the start of the season was kidding themselves. My second part was just confirming someone actually thought that was the case :lol:

I never said "those who said", I said "those who thought". By that I meant if folk were thinking we'd get 4th. It wasn't a comment about folk having said it specifically on here.

Even then, you only carried an allegation that a top four spot was what the board targeted.

The earlier post implied that people had said top 4 was the least we should expect. I didn't think there was any grounds for implying that then and I still don't.

Even then, you only carried an allegation that a top four spot was what the board targeted.The earlier post implied that people had said top 4 was the least we should expect. I didn't think there was any grounds for implying that then and I still don't.

Ah. Well that's not how it was supposed to come across. I said anyone who THOUGHT we would finish top 4. It wasn't implying folk on here had actually said it. Had I meant that I would have said 'anyone who SAID...' If that makes it any clearer?

Apologies for the capital letters, I don't know if you can use italics on the app :lol:

Ah. Well that's not how it was supposed to come across. I said anyone who THOUGHT we would finish top 4. It wasn't implying folk on here had actually said it. Had I meant that I would have said 'anyone who SAID...' If that makes it any clearer?

Apologies for the capital letters, I don't know if you can use italics on the app :lol:

Yes, fair enough - I've no plans to fall out about it.

You'll admit though that it's a slightly odd distinction between those who 'thought' it and those who actually 'said' it. Who are these people with formulated, but unexpressed thoughts on Queens' prospects? Do they sit tight with their thoughts entirely, or find an outlet for them via some diary or journal? And how do you know about them?

I think you were implying that there's two schools of thought in this with one seeing fourth as the very least we should have achieved. It's a well known rhetorical approach to present those with a view that differs from yours as more extreme than it is, in order for yours to appear far more rational by contrast.

The fact is that fourth was a reasonable enough target, especially considering how poor it's transpired that St Mirren have been. Similarly though, missing out on it can't be seen as any great failure in the context of changes to our team. Factors other than our league position do however, come into play when assessing our season.

Yes, fair enough - I've no plans to fall out about it.You'll admit though that it's a slightly odd distinction between those who 'thought' it and those who actually 'said' it. Who are these people with formulated, but unexpressed thoughts on Queens' prospects? Do they sit tight with their thoughts entirely, or find an outlet for them via some diary or journal? And how do you know about them?I think you were implying that there's two schools of thought in this with one seeing fourth as the very least we should have achieved. It's a well known rhetorical approach to present those with a view that differs from yours as more extreme than it is, in order for yours to appear far more rational by contrast.The fact is that fourth was a reasonable enough target, especially considering how poor it's transpired that St Mirren have been. Similarly though, missing out on it can't be seen as any great failure in the context of changes to our team. Factors other than our league position do however, come into play when assessing our season.

It was just a broad statement and I wasn't really trying to imply folk were thinking we'd finish 4th. I do reckon among our support there will have been a few who felt 4th was the expectation. Not everyone uses social media. I'd be confident if I sauntered over to another Queens related website and hunted the start of season predictions there would be a few in there who expected 4th right enough :lol:

I made the comment purely to emphasise that finishing between 5th-7th was by no means a failure of a season (excluding performances).

No, I've no intention of falling out with you about it either MT as I quite like you. If for no other reason I like the fact you have an undying hate for a certain Glasgow based football club :D

I don't think it is. We also scored late goals at Raith, skunks, Rangers and Dumbarton from memory.

Honestly think we have just been unlucky in some games, especially the 3 Raith ones.

Could argue its maybe concentration, but even then, that doesn't guarantee you wont conceed.

If that happened two or three times over the course of a season you could put it down to luck, though even then I'd prefer to look at factors we can control. However it's happened three times against Raith, once against Falkirk, once against Rangers and once against Motherwell - that's not luck, that's clearly a problem with either fitness, mentality or concentration.

It was just a broad statement and I wasn't really trying to imply folk were thinking we'd finish 4th. I do reckon among our support there will have been a few who felt 4th was the expectation. Not everyone uses social media. I'd be confident if I sauntered over to another Queens related website and hunted the start of season predictions there would be a few in there who expected 4th right enough :lol:

I made the comment purely to emphasise that finishing between 5th-7th was by no means a failure of a season (excluding performances).

No, I've no intention of falling out with you about it either MT as I quite like you. If for no other reason I like the fact you have an undying hate for a certain Glasgow based football club :D

Hey, my undying hate is for two Galsgow based football clubs.

Bloody Queens Park.

Archived