Motherwell v Aberdeen

Hayes and Shinnie, fine performances. No complaints.

Logan, McLean, Taylor, could have put a little more in, but no glaring errors.

Considine, Church, McGinn, were poor and really need to show much more in the next few games. McGinn in particular seems to have had his brain removed. Picks up the ball, moves it on. Doesn't take on his man, doesn't cross well.

Jack was utter garbage in the middle of the park. Bossed. I used to be a big fan of his, but whatever it was he had is gone. No dig no drive, certainly no captain.

Reynolds has also taken a step down. His best performances have been alongside Anderson and now he's away he's much much worse.

Scott Brown had one of those games. We all knew he was prone to this, there's not much we can do about it.

The players say we've got to stay on their side and not shout abuse but when they're giving goals away like that it's hard not to be raging.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry Dons, we'll gub Celtic in a couple of weeks as well so it will even out.

Football as it has been remarked upon is a funny old game.  Thought we were excellent in the first half.  Aberdeen had us pinned back for spells but we look very comfortable at the back and Aberdeen didn't have much more than the odd half chance.  Meanwhile we were breaking forward and creating chances that we really should have been putting away.  Probably had three good chances to score in that first half.  Didn't look like a penalty to me but I will admit I was down the opposite end of the ground but my initial reaction was 'great tackle'.

Second half I thought we were poor.  Lost our shape, especially when Cadden went off, and we weren't picking up the second ball.Ripley was much more evident than Brown and we were playing too many aimless long balls with no ball carriers in midfield.  Guys like Johnson and McDonald disappeared and then Aberdeen lost two very, very poor goals.

After that the game was wide open but Robson's elbow on McDonald was insanity and we probably missed three or four great chances to tie the game up.

Overall a great effort under the circumstances with a few first team players missing or not at 100% fitness.  Aberdeen didn't look like title winners today but I still think they have a decent chance because Celtic WILL drop points, hopefully three at Fir Park in a couple of weeks.

Nice to see everyone salivating that Celtic are going to win the league, again.

We've had a fantastic season and for us to be within a few points of them has been a superb effort.

But nice to see the other fans in the league are happy with business as usual.

Salty.

Close but no cigar, Aberdeen go the penalty , we fielded pretty much  a makeshift team you were tight about Aberdeen losing right enough.
I'm sure you will also be right about the shitting the bed and bottle crashing taunts too.

Motherwell will field their strongest side of the season, McGhee will moan at the ref all game, 'well will get the world's softest ever penalty, we will lose, McGhee will be a smug b*****d, Romeo and all his sellickbyraway friends will be on about shitting the bed/bottle crashing.

Or.............

Aberdeen will win 4-0 and McGhee will moan about the 'flu epidemic.

(BTW if it's 'flu there's no way they'd have recovered in a couple of days, McGhee being over-dramatic as per (wonder if he's updated his Wiki page?))

Don't worry Dons, we'll gub Celtic in a couple of weeks as well so it will even out.

Football as it has been remarked upon is a funny old game.  Thought we were excellent in the first half.  Aberdeen had us pinned back for spells but we look very comfortable at the back and Aberdeen didn't have much more than the odd half chance.  Meanwhile we were breaking forward and creating chances that we really should have been putting away.  Probably had three good chances to score in that first half.  Didn't look like a penalty to me but I will admit I was down the opposite end of the ground but my initial reaction was 'great tackle'.

Second half I thought we were poor.  Lost our shape, especially when Cadden went off, and we weren't picking up the second ball.Ripley was much more evident than Brown and we were playing too many aimless long balls with no ball carriers in midfield.  Guys like Johnson and McDonald disappeared and then Aberdeen lost two very, very poor goals.

After that the game was wide open but Robson's elbow on McDonald was insanity and we probably missed three or four great chances to tie the game up.

Overall a great effort under the circumstances with a few first team players missing or not at 100% fitness.  Aberdeen didn't look like title winners today but I still think they have a decent chance because Celtic WILL drop points, hopefully three at Fir Park in a couple of weeks.

I doubt it.

Not too sure about the second bolded bit, either.

Archived