Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I'm certainly looking forward to going to Tynie with my Mrs in Nov, she's a FoH Jambo, its certainly a far better ground to visit than ER, even before the new stand, ER is a bit meh for me personally.....

Aye, I much prefer visiting Tynecastle.

I'll go against the grain and say I'm looking forward to visiting Easter Road more than Tynecastle next season. Having been to games against both within the space of a month, the Hibs support was very impressive compared to the barrage of "BOOOOO" from the Hearts fans. Tynecastle has been devoid of any kind of atmosphere in my recent visits (from the home stands at least) and I don't think this new stand will help matters, it rarely has elsewhere. You get a much better allocation at ER as well.

(And before anyone else says it, both stadiums are superior to Pittodrie.)

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

I'll go against the grain and say I'm looking forward to visiting Easter Road more than Tynecastle next season. Having been to games against both within the space of a month, the Hibs support was very impressive compared to the barrage of "BOOOOO" from the Hearts fans. Tynecastle has been devoid of any kind of atmosphere in my recent visits (from the home stands at least) and I don't think this new stand will help matters, it rarely has elsewhere. You get a much better allocation at ER as well.

(And before anyone else says it, both stadiums are superior to Pittodrie.)

I tend to agree with this somewhat regarding the fans. I never miss an away game at Tynecastle as we always bring through our largest traveling support for any away fixture bar either of the Dundeh teams. That, and it's close to where I live so easy getting home after a boozy sesh. Now most supporters including myself, will say their favourite away ground is Tynecastle, bar Hearts and obviously Hibs fans, and a lot of them put it down to the atmosphere. However any atmosphere created in Tynecastle in recent years is entirely generated by the away support due to the fact that, as well they turn out in fantastic numbers, the home support down Gorgie way is pretty dire.  

Maybe that's just because we've been there boggy team recently and they haven't had much to shout about when I've been in attendance :P

To be fair though, I'm looking forward to visiting both again next season as it's been a while since I've been to Easter Road, though I am more keen to see Tynecastle once finished as I reckon it'll look brilliant.

Hearts fans can be terrible at times but the stadium will be rocking if there's something on the pitch worth getting excited about. Last season was just so boring, it completely killed the atmosphere.

Hearts fans can be terrible at times but the stadium will be rocking if there's something on the pitch worth getting excited about. Last season was just so boring, it completely killed the atmosphere.

There probably is a club out there whose support generate a huge, noisy atmosphere every single weekend even if the team is stumbling to anticlimactic mid table respectability.

Those supporters are probably on MDMA, 12 years old, utter roasters or quite possibly all three.

10 minutes ago, Darren said:

Find another crook, who'll pump millions in the club. #rockingstadium.

The atmosphere has been guff since you were relegated imo. Even when you strolled to the Championship title I was a bit surprised at how poor the atmosphere was in the Derbys, you obviously used to bring a really vocal support to Easter Road as well but for whatever reason you've not managed to create an atmosphere since the game that Patterson scored a double.

40 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

The atmosphere has been guff since you were relegated imo. Even when you strolled to the Championship title I was a bit surprised at how poor the atmosphere was in the Derbys, you obviously used to bring a really vocal support to Easter Road as well but for whatever reason you've not managed to create an atmosphere since the game that Patterson scored a double.

It's been said lots of times, but it really is all about the performance on the pitch.

Anything less than a comfortable home win over Hibs and your average Hearts fan is stunned into silence.

It's really not the fault of Hearts fans, it's the result of years of learned bahaviour.

It's been said lots of times, but it really is all about the performance on the pitch.

Anything less than a comfortable home win over Hibs and your average Hearts fan is stunned into silence.

It's really not the fault of Hearts fans, it's the result of years of learned bahaviour.

Well put, especially at Tynecastle

Kevin Kyles 86th minute derby winner was greeted with a grumpy "About bloody time" by the people around me

There probably is a club out there whose support generate a huge, noisy atmosphere every single weekend even if the team is stumbling to anticlimactic mid table respectability.

Those supporters are probably on MDMA, 12 years old, utter roasters or quite possibly all three.

There's plenty in Germany. The standing areas, booze and cheap tickets probably help. Not sure about the MDMA situation.

I'm not sure if Hearts have any songs that the fans can sing but just try and get behind the team a little bit more.

Budge sanitising the fans, with the utterly bland side Neilson assembled and the resulting performances have certainly helped.

That chant we chored from Motherwell makes my toes curl every time as well and I deliberately don't join in. The utter m***os in our support also race through the Hearts and European songs now. It's been like that for years, though. Look at the Feyenoord video to see how it's done properly.

Hopefully we sing the Lafferty song purely to bam up the colossal bores in our support.

3 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

There's plenty in Germany. The standing areas, booze and cheap tickets probably help. Not sure about the MDMA situation.

You may have travelled further but 

That tends to be a party zone behind the goals as opposed to the whole place going mental.

We did have a bit of that going on in the Roseburn lower but seemingly a lot of them were a bit on the roasterish side (although at least they didn't have a drum) and got themselves banned. Then a lot of their mates generally stopped going and concentrated on hiring planes to try and drive out Robbie Neilson (thanks guys that's gone well for us so far). 

Often when people complain about the lack of atmosphere at football they're actually bemoaning their lost youth. There's a natural tendency towards nostalgia. Football games are more exciting events when you're younger and you obviously forget the games that were forgettable more quickly.

It must be an even worse tendency amongst Dons fans of my generation because things genuinely were objectively better back then.

47 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Looks like a college or something to be honest.

...and you c***s will be taught a fucking lesson when you visit. :angry:

19 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

6533725651_8a266e1394_b.jpg

http://www.basilspence.org.uk/work/buildings/scottish-widows 
Certainly it was bold and new in the 70s but the glass fronted building has become a relatively common sight even in architecturally conservative Edinburgh where presumably anyone building a stand must get letters from the Cockburn association demanding cut stone and neo-georgian details.

I'd have thought that entertainment sites like Omni Centre or the modern frontage of the Festival theatre or were more relevant comparisons

Personally I think it needs more pink

Archived