Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

If it switched to Murrayfield, would it be a one off basis or would that mean playing all your first two rounds of home games there for "fairness"?

Anne Budge: “We have, however, an agreement in principle, to play any Ladbrokes Premiership home fixtures at BT Murrayfield in the event that our building programme runs late.”

That's all I know. With Anne being on the board of the SPFL I'm sure we'll be okay. ;)

If Aberdeen are not happy about switching,  I believe Budge said that Murrayfield would be used if Tynecastle is not ready.

I would absolutely love an away Derby at Murrayfield. We'd bring between 25-35K and I'd imagine that, if Hearts priced it right, you would bring 12-14k as well.

Anne Budge: “We have, however, an agreement in principle, to play any Ladbrokes Premiership home fixtures at BT Murrayfield in the event that our building programme runs late.”

That's all I know. With Anne being on the board of the SPFL I'm sure we'll be okay. [emoji6]

This is Scottish football remember the 2 posters on here are probably the only 2 people that have recognised this rule. Mind when Alloa changed their pitch dimensions...? Had to play a home game against every other opponent with them at the same size.

Not sure the rules on venues but I suppose if the dimensions were the same... it might be ok?

2 hours ago, KingswellsRed said:

And Hearts have been counting tickets sold for years. The figures cannot be compared

The most logical conclusion is that there are thousands of non-Hearts fans who buy Hearts tickets and never turn up.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Maybe so. Funnily enough, any Hearts fan the same age as I am who started going to football the same time as I did (1963), would have seen their team win the exact same amount of trophies as you have - 2.

f**k's sake. I'm only 25 and even I've seen three. Where was he in 2012?

5 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

I would absolutely love an away Derby at Murrayfield. We'd bring between 25-35K and I'd imagine that, if Hearts priced it right, you would bring 12-14k as well.

A Murrayfield derby would be a great day out.

9 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I let that one go, poor old sod. :(

A 150 year old Aberdeen fan who suffered a terrible car accident in 1979 and was comatose until 1995 would only have seen his team win six trophies. The equivalent Hearts fan would have seen sixteen.

I know which memories I'd rather have.

1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

At least 35k. Maybe this is something Hibs should look into for our home games? At least until we get our corners filled in.

17 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

At least 35k. Maybe this is something Hibs should look into for our home games? At least until we get our corners filled in.

Is that actually going to happen?

33 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

The corners need filled in ASAP. We are missing out on valuable income at the minute. A move to Murrayfield would sort that temporarily. Imagine a full Murrayfield for Hibs vs Celtic, 67'000 people, full of Irish flags and folk songs. Would be incredible. I've got goosebumps thinking about it now. 

The corners need filled in ASAP. We are missing out on valuable income at the minute. A move to Murrayfield would sort that temporarily. Imagine a full Murrayfield for Hibs vs Celtic, 67'000 people, full of Irish flags and folk songs. Would be incredible. I've got goosebumps thinking about it now. 

Irish flags and Irish songs in a SCOTTISH football game? Never heard of such a thing!

5 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd String said:

Irish flags and Irish songs in a SCOTTISH football game? Never heard of such a thing!

That's probably because you're stuck in the 1600's. That's what's wrong with Scottish society these days.

Archived