Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/26/2017 at 21:36, milton75 said:

I think I'd rather struggle to a 3-1 victory in Europe than get beaten by Peterhead, thanks.

Another game played by each team and I think I still prefer the summer we're having.

16 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

That's no way to treat your manager.

Craig Levein isn't the manager, silly.

Does anyone have a rendering of the final product? I can find the exterior but cannot see how the seats will look.

On 29/07/2017 at 10:57, Darren said:

Why the f**k did you chuck a vintage programme in there? What a waste.

I understand he had to be stopped by colleagues from chucking in his wallet and car keys, to 'Really get it up thum'.

What's with the Aberdeen fans here? Not one person would say that hearts are better than Aberdeen on the park. Aberdeen clearly miles ahead the last few years. However despite that Hearts still are a bigger club with better average attendances even though they've not been near Aberdeens level. That's all people are saying.

What's with the Aberdeen fans here? Not one person would say that hearts are better than Aberdeen on the park. Aberdeen clearly miles ahead the last few years. However despite that Hearts still are a bigger club with better average attendances even though they've not been near Aberdeens level. That's all people are saying.

It depends on your criteria for being a bigger club. If it is based only on average attendance then Hearts will be the bigger club. I wouldn't base it only on average attendance therefore Aberdeen are the bigger club.

On 28/07/2017 at 21:35, supermik said:

Just hope the foundations are ok after I threw in my retro '73 hibees top with Alan Gordon on the back into the concrete as it was being poured, along with a couple of hibs badges and a copy of the '75 program against Juventus.:P

It depends on your criteria for being a bigger club. If it is based only on average attendance then Hearts will be the bigger club. I wouldn't base it only on average attendance therefore Aberdeen are the bigger club.

Difference between bigger and more successful. That's another argument. But how can bigger mean anything other than attendances/fan base?

Difference between bigger and more successful. That's another argument. But how can bigger mean anything other than attendances/fan base?

I think if you're talking about 2 clubs in the same general area where circumstances are similar then fair enough.

Aberdeen is unique in that a lot of people move from Aberdeen to Glasgow and Edinburgh for Uni/work so going to a home match is more expensive than going to away matches for Aberdeen fans based in these areas. Aberdeen routinely get 18,000+ for the big games (OF, Europe and cup finals) and also have by far the bigger away fan base. I think this is the reason why Aberdeens home attendances can be poor for run of the mill games yet be so good for away games and big home games.

Where clearly Hearts have the bigger average attendances, I don't think they have the bigger fan base. I think they are pretty much the same overall. Aberdeen are bigger in every other department though which is why I would have them just edging it in the bigger club w**k off.

I think if you're talking about 2 clubs in the same general area where circumstances are similar then fair enough.

Aberdeen is unique in that a lot of people move from Aberdeen to Glasgow and Edinburgh for Uni/work so going to a home match is more expensive than going to away matches for Aberdeen fans based in these areas. Aberdeen routinely get 18,000+ for the big games (OF, Europe and cup finals) and also have by far the bigger away fan base. I think this is the reason why Aberdeens home attendances can be poor for run of the mill games yet be so good for away games and big home games.

Where clearly Hearts have the bigger average attendances, I don't think they have the bigger fan base. I think they are pretty much the same overall. Aberdeen are bigger in every other department though which is why I would have them just edging it in the bigger club w**k off.

Hibs crowds went up last season by 50%, in part because we started counting the attendance using the same methodology as Hearts of counting tickets sold rather than the number of people there...

Now our crowds were up, but there wasn't close to an extra 5000 per game compared to the season before.

Aberdeen are closer to Hearts attendance wise than official attendance figures suggest. So are Hibs.

Hibs crowds went up last season by 50%, in part because we started counting the attendance using the same methodology as Hearts of counting tickets sold rather than the number of people there...

Now our crowds were up, but there wasn't close to an extra 5000 per game compared to the season before.

Aberdeen are closer to Hearts attendance wise than official attendance figures suggest. So are Hibs.

That actually makes sense. I was looking at both clubs gate receipts for the 15/16 season and Hearts had only made £300k more. Some quick math at an average ticket price of £20 over 22 games, Hearts should only be averaging about 700 fans more than Aberdeen.

Archived