Stranraer v Stenny

Loads of excitement over this one I notice.A victory for the blues and that would end Stennys faint playoff chance ,making it a 3 way fourth place battle.I actually think our 5-1 thumping of the Warriors at Ochilview was the beginning of our comeback this season and if we play as well today I would be terribly pleased. After our battling performance at Balmoor on Tuesday night we go into this knowing a win would consolidate our 4th place,not bad for being bottom at Xmas.

The first half was by far the best I've seen us play this season , the passing was fast and slick with an urgency about our play that was lacking even during the last home game , the players were all talking and encouraging each other which has been missing all season, perhaps it's confidence that has returned after a good result at Peterhead during the week .

Stenny were completely over run and 3 good goals put us on easy street, second half was not as good but Stenny only scored due to a penalty , and the game was over by then but we just were not as good second half .

Huge improvement today and if we continue to play like we did first half we will make the playoffs , McGuigan deserved his MOM award , but no failures today with everyone playing their part . Hope Cairney is okay for next week as he limped off near the end, we would definately miss him v Ayr .

A victory next week is well possible but we must play like we did first half , Ayr are on a rotten run so we are getting them at the right time.

Well done to all ,manager has certainly managed to turn a corner and he deserves credit for our transformation ..

Results also went our way today , we are now in control of our own destiny... Happy days ... And well done to the young lads now attending our home games they are trying to create a little atmosphere and I think the players will appreciate that, good to see ...

The first half was by far the best I've seen us play this season , the passing was fast and slick with an urgency about our play that was lacking even during the last home game , the players were all talking and encouraging each other which has been missing all season, perhaps it's confidence that has returned after a good result at Peterhead during the week .

Stenny were completely over run and 3 good goals put us on easy street, second half was not as good but Stenny only scored due to a penalty , and the game was over by then but we just were not as good second half .

Huge improvement today and if we continue to play like we did first half we will make the playoffs , McGuigan deserved his MOM award , but no failures today with everyone playing their part . Hope Cairney is okay for next week as he limped off near the end, we would definately miss him v Ayr .

A victory next week is well possible but we must play like we did first half , Ayr are on a rotten run so we are getting them at the right time.

Well done to all ,manager has certainly managed to turn a corner and he deserves credit for our transformation ..

Results also went our way today , we are now in control of our own destiny... Happy days ... And well done to the young lads now attending our home games they are trying to create a little atmosphere and I think the players will appreciate that, good to see ...

Should I chuck a tiny bet on Stranraer then?

Very easy for Stranraer and it could have been even worse with Stenny a poor team.Apart from one fantastic save our keeper had a comfortable afternoon and even although Scotland scored with a penalty I thought we never looked in trouble,Mark Mcguigan was mom and fully deserved it,but really no failures.As for Stenny they look to be in real trouble,sadly Jason Scotland is a shadow of the player he was and Macmenamin and Gilhaney were never at the races,get the maps out for League 2.

Davie Irons moans about everything, I wouldn't pay him any attention.

As I wrote on the Stenhousemuir forum, we really are in a slump at the moment - we've lost four consecutive matches, losing 16 goals in the process and we've gone from an outside shout for a promotion play-off place to relegation candidates. I'm anxious but I'm not overly concerned just yet - the weekend's match against Forfar Athletic is a real six-pointer. Win that and we'll put a bit of daylight between ourselves and the teams at the bottom; lose and we're in big trouble.

Fair play to Stranraer though, they're on a good run just now. I bet the jobbers who were hounding out Brian Reid a couple of months ago feel pretty stupid at the moment.

Great post Francesc,agree with everything you say,especially about Brian Reid,but trust me FF that was probably one of the poorest Stenny teams I have seen at Stair pk and I honestly believe your in big trouble,good luck to your team,you might need it.

I was 5 yards away and thought it was definitely a corner. However you couldn't tell if it glanced a blues player on way out. So how the stenny bench knew from 60yards away was bizarre. Their players didn't moan that much.

I was 5 yards away and thought it was definitely a corner. However you couldn't tell if it glanced a blues player on way out. So how the stenny bench knew from 60yards away was bizarre. Their players didn't moan that much.

Oddly enough there were 3 of us standing about 5 yards away and there was no doubt it was a poor decision. Should have been a goal kick.

However we've been due a few breaks this season after getting very few before Xmas.

Stenny had a couple of chances to clear the corner though so to complain about the poor decision of the officials and not to criticise their own defending is a bit of a smokescreen

It was really clear from where we were that the ball did come off our player last. All 3 of us agreed and commented at the time. Difficult for the linesman to be fair as he was so close he was looking over it.

At least we're now getting some breaks. Amazing how it's always the teams going well that get the luck. Can anyone explain that?

Davie Irons moans about everything, I wouldn't pay him any attention.

As I wrote on the Stenhousemuir forum, we really are in a slump at the moment - we've lost four consecutive matches, losing 16 goals in the process and we've gone from an outside shout for a promotion play-off place to relegation candidates. I'm anxious but I'm not overly concerned just yet - the weekend's match against Forfar Athletic is a real six-pointer. Win that and we'll put a bit of daylight between ourselves and the teams at the bottom; lose and we're in big trouble.

Fair play to Stranraer though, they're on a good run just now. I bet the jobbers who were hounding out Brian Reid a couple of months ago feel pretty stupid at the moment.

The Loons are on the hunt .!!!!!!!

If I am reading this correctly, there is a degree of incredulity amongst the locals at the fact the stenhousemuir players and management berated the officials at a perceived sense of injustice.

These are Stranraer fans? The same Stranraer currently managed by Brian Reid?

Archived