Falkirk v Ferrantl Thistle

Anyone hear Houstie's post-match interview on the radio? Effectively said that the fans played their part in the defeat by failing to get behind the team. I may be wrong but I didn't hear him accept any blame for making those terrible substitutions.l

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's obviously something about Matthew Knox or he wouldn't have been on trial at Man U, and scoring for Liverpool, Everton and Tottenham. Nottingham Forest making a bid too suggests there is quite a bit of interest. Haven't seen anything from him that suggests he's the next Messi, when he's played he seemed adamant he was in a team of his own and lost the ball almost every time he got it.

If we sell him in the summer for anything more than 300k (which is apparently what Forest offered, could be shite though), we've done really well. If not we should be looking to get him out on loan, unless we're in League 1 where he could probably get a chance.

Anyway, any chance of highlights being up for this?

Anyone hear Houstie's post-match interview on the radio? Effectively said that the fans played their part in the defeat by failing to get behind the team. I may be wrong but I didn't hear him accept any blame for making those terrible substitutions.l

That is not what he said. He said the following

Sometimes we need the supporters to give us a lift when we are not playing as well. Sometimes the players give the fans a lift by playing well. We could have done with them being a little bit more vocal today.

He was certainly not blaming the support. Was he wrong?

As far as the subs went today anyone could see what he was trying to do. Get as many creative players in the pitch as Livingston were playing 1-8-1 formation.

If didn't pay off. It happens. He has got so much more right this season than wrong. Just seems some want to have a pop without looking at big picture.

There's absolutely no doubt that he has got so much right this season and he has been happy to lap up the plaudits when he has. However he has to accept that when he's wrong he's wrong and hold his hands up. Which he's not done.

Instead he says the fans need to get behind the team. The fans were just as vocal yesterday as they have been the rest of the season at home. The only times they've been more vocal is against Rangers. To pick this defeat as the time to comment on the fans is just deflecting from his own mistake yesterday.

Surely it would've made more sense to put Vaulks back in to defence instead of Alston, who was played out of position and made mistakes that lead to both of their goals?

There's absolutely no doubt that he has got so much right this season and he has been happy to lap up the plaudits when he has. However he has to accept that when he's wrong he's wrong and hold his hands up. Which he's not done.

Instead he says the fans need to get behind the team. The fans were just as vocal yesterday as they have been the rest of the season at home. The only times they've been more vocal is against Rangers. To pick this defeat as the time to comment on the fans is just deflecting from his own mistake yesterday.

Surely it would've made more sense to put Vaulks back in to defence instead of Alston, who was played out of position and made mistakes that lead to both of their goals?

Except the fans weren't vocal yesterday. It was like a morgue for long spells in the game. The booing at the end was cringeworthy

That's my point. The fans are never vocal (except against Rangers or when booing). To pick yesterday's defeat to comment on it, when he's had all season to do so, stinks.

Agreed re the booing. Okay we played crap yesterday but booing your team when they are second in the league is poor.

Interested to see the cops in at the Livi fans during the game.

Were you guys throwing Bovril at each other again or racially abusing your defender?

I thought I saw paramedics in at the Livi fans. Anybody know anything about that?

Interested to see the cops in at the Livi fans during the game.

Were you guys throwing Bovril at each other again or racially abusing your defender?

It was First Aiders, not sure what happened but a guy appeared to be unwell and got taken away, only to appear about 20 minutes later, so can't have been serious.

Also noticed a lady in the Falkirk end getting taken away by first Aiders in the first half too, didnt see her reappear so hope she was ok.

It was First Aiders, not sure what happened but a guy appeared to be unwell and got taken away, only to appear about 20 minutes later, so can't have been serious.

Also noticed a lady in the Falkirk end getting taken away by first Aiders in the first half too, didnt see her reappear so hope she was ok.

f**k, the final 3 minutes wouldn't have done them any favours then.

That is not what he said. He said the following

Sometimes we need the supporters to give us a lift when we are not playing as well. Sometimes the players give the fans a lift by playing well. We could have done with them being a little bit more vocal today.

He was certainly not blaming the support. Was he wrong?

As far as the subs went today anyone could see what he was trying to do. Get as many creative players in the pitch as Livingston were playing 1-8-1 formation.

If didn't pay off. It happens. He has got so much more right this season than wrong. Just seems some want to have a pop without looking at big picture.

Pandemonium.

He was being hyped up by my dad anyway, he assumed it was the guy playing off the striker who turned out to be Charlie Telfer.

Aye wee Telfer is a good player. Knox is only just turned 16, still just a boy. Reckon he's got at least 18 months before he'll be anywhere near ready for a first team start. The sticking him on against St Mirren was just to get in the papers and hype him up as the youngest player at 15 to play for us. The Morton appearance when we were 1-0 down in a cup was just fucking stupid, Hippo was kept on the bench for Knox and we were only needing a goal to get back in the game, mental.

Agree with the majority but Id have subbed Vaulks, he wasnt at the races. A day later the Muirhead sub and formation fuk up is still pure madness,  Livvy were on the front foot after that and looked more likely to score

That's my point. The fans are never vocal (except against Rangers or when booing). To pick yesterday's defeat to comment on it, when he's had all season to do so, stinks.

Agreed re the booing. Okay we played crap yesterday but booing your team when they are second in the league is poor.

The three subs v Rangers got some boos but to stick up for Houstie, I did feel at the game we needed some noise from the fans, I did feel like standing up and starting something, but its not as easy as that at the TFS......brockville tho is a different matter

Houstie still should be man enough and been around long enough to admit after a game he got it wrong, not during, which was happening with some supporters yesterday

Archived