Today's scores 26/03/16

touchline_reporter

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took in troon v Peasy today, visitors as poor a side as I've seen all season.

Can't see them staying up on that display.

Take nothing away from Troon, they passed the ball well and looked to have a workrate and determination that was missing earlier in the season.

Big Gav Collins was outstanding and never missed a ball all day.

Also took in the Troon - Peasy game, as others have said I can't see anything other than relegation for Peasy now. They lost some poor goals defensively and carry very little threat going forward. In the end it was a fairly comfortable win for Troon however I don't think they will win the league. Think there will be need to be a clear out at Peasy, on the games I've seen them this season there's only a few in the squad is be holding on to.

First time I've been down to Troon in a number of years, park was excellent and an overall excellent set up.

I said that too. I would have been delighted if it were my team. At least you have agreed to my point. Hertha seems to be sticking to the quietly optomistic story.

I don't think anyone at Beith is getting carried away. We all know the Buffs are a very good side and it will be two very difficult matches against them.

At the time of most of our Scottish ties, Scone Thistle apart, each tie looked harder on paper than it does now looking back. Vale of Clyde had only just lost the Sectional Cup Final on penalties the week before we destroyed them and they've had a shocker since. Girvan were unbeaten at the time and a team full of confidence and along with their park being poor on the day proved tricky, although a Premier team should always beat a district side. Peasy are our biggest nemesis. We notoriously struggle against them. A good win and again they have struggled ever since. Having not played Arthurlie in the league yet we weren't sure how good they were, not very was the answer, as proved yesterday.

Yes, it's been on paper an easier run than others but like you say, anyone would take that. Pretty sure one of the teams who won the cup recently had a similar run, might have been Shotts, not sure.

Don't believe they deserve to be there either on the basis of a generous decision by an official late in a game. My opinion on that is well documented so don't really want to go round in circles again.

So if Pollok do get there they will have had to beat 3 premier sides in a row and one over two legs but won't deserve to be there. Good one!

Don't believe they deserve to be there either on the basis of a generous decision by an official late in a game. My opinion on that is well documented so don't really want to go round in circles again.

I have watched that penalty decision after all the debate and it is a penalty. Correct call by the official.

[quote name="pure class act" post="10308272" timestamp="1459156629"

If we could score goals we would be awesome.

You have just hit a chord with every team in the country!

Archived