Arbroath v East Fife

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another banana skin ticked of the list. Factor in the 4 other fixtures ending in draws and it all adds up to a very pleasing weekend. East Fife well worth the 3 points and only some poor finishing and excellent goalkeeping made sure it was a tight contest for 90 minutes. Arbroath were very direct and played very little football, preferring to lump the ball from back to front and try and win 2nd balls. We created a lot of good chances especially when we got in behind the Arbroath defence. In all probability if we win our 2 remaining home games against Montrose and the Shire we will be crowned champions. That would mean Clyde needing to get 10 points from their remaining 12 available. A good all round team performance with no standouts on the day, agree Liam Kellys handling good today.

I thought we were luck to still be in with a chance of sneaking a draw as East Fife had a few chances to extend their lead. Good game over all i thought, with EF number 9 worth watching, and a mixture of good goalkeeping and poor finishing keeping it at 0-1.

Have to admit I thought there would have been more as well, we've brought more to Gayfield for games with less at stake!!!

Think there was confusion over buses tbh, people didn't know if one was being run or not when it turns out there was and it was full when perhaps another could have been organised if the demand was there which would have meant more at the game obviously!!!

Not slagging the guys that run the bus at all, they do a great job running it but I do get the impression that it's a closed shop, the same guys get the bus every away game, the bus is filled every away game, job done. There appears to be no attempt to attract others and perhaps try to fill a 2nd bus!!!

I could be totally wrong here but it the impression I get!!!

Although AFTN is no longer functional the contact details for the bus are still there. There is no closed shop and Every week Ian orders a bus to suit the number of people who contact him asking for a seat.

I know that despite work commitments Ian is doing a great job with limited time and I think that the next away bus is filling quickly so perhaps for the last two away games the Supporters Club or the club themselves should be looking at organising additional transport. That doesn't mean incurring any cost but does mean a little bit of organising.

I have to agree with King Kebab about supporters buses.. The last I heard about buses was around beginning of the season on AFTN but nothing since. I would have gone today had there been notification of a bus being available. I feel the club could help here by putting details on the official website.

It was a bit of a weird game in that, I don't think we were dominated.

However, the main difference between the sides was that East Fife were creating chances every time they went forward whereas our attacks ended up being a hopeful cross into the box where we were comprehensively outmuscled.

It could easily have been 4,5 or 6-0 but poor finishing and some great goalkeeping meant the scoreline flattered us.

Hard on Jamie Insall to be left out but it was the correct decision.Fash has to play he is a real handful at this level.Some incredible misses by East Fife but Arbroath are lacking up front and Kerr and Page were dominant.Hope the injuries to Brown and Naysmith are not serious as we dipped after they went off.Nothing settled yet but East Fife are in a good position.

Linn was quiet, but who the f**k is Kyle Wilkie??? I'm told he's a Berwick reject, is this true?

No, it's not. But if it was, Berwick would be looking quite the mugs for rejecting the best attacking midfielder in the league.

Archived