Arbroath v East Fife

If east fife win sat that should be enough for them to clinch title.....

Question. If fife go up,Can they stay there with current squad less N Austin...

Have always said inc my own team. No point going up and coming straight back down,Better doing well in league below than gettin hammered most weeks in front of lesser home crowd in league above just one point...

It'd be great to go to Broadwood knowing Clyde had to come out and beat us but with the way the league is this year, it's nobodies to lose whilst the gap is less than 4 points. If we both win on Saturday, we're still within striking distance.

As for if we went up, it's always a difficult question. There's rarely a significant gap between the top of L2 and the middle of L1 imo. So any team that wins the league and can keep the core of the squad have a fighting chance. On 2016 form, I've no doubt we could go up and survive minus Austin with the same squad. We do have a few loanees in Kelly, Kerr, Insall and Coote though who've played a vital part in our great run, presumably we'd have a good chance of losing a couple or all of them and they'd need to be replaced.

I'm not sure folk realise how young our team is. Of the 11-13 players who've played the majority of games since January, barring Naysmith, I think Kyle Wilkie is the oldest and he's just turned 30 (was checking their ages in the program on Saturday). Stevie Campbell and Kevin Smith are experienced but the rest are younger guys who've only had a couple of full seasons of first team senior football at most.

I think Naysmith is really finding his feet as a manager and if we were to go up, I'd be pretty confident going in with the core of this year's squad and a few decent additions to replace the players we'll lose.

It feels like the 2015 and 2016 versions of East Fife are totally different sides. Austin's been out or been brought on as a sub the last 3 games and we've picked up 7 very good points and scored 9 goals without him (not including the 2 he scored from the bench v Stirling).

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-4 east fife with Colin Samuel, Cedric Tuta, Bobby Barr and Lewis Barr with the goals. Lari Yao and Paul McManus with the goals for Arbroath

Dewar and McLeish for Fife, with Jack, Bruce and Pirie on the scoresheet for the Lichties. Nothing like a bit of nostalgia

I bet we take more to Berwick than you bellends do on your fancy-dress beano. The players are already dressing up as the league leaders, and as for the Clyde equivalent away fixture to your Arbroath trip (Queen's Park), i guaruntee the largest away support of the season will attend. We might get the Rangers End, in tribute to Oor Barry.

Maybe next season we'll put on segregation for you lot and you won't be so angry xox

I bet we take more to Berwick than you bellends do on your fancy-dress beano. The players are already dressing up as the league leaders, and as for the Clyde equivalent away fixture to your Arbroath trip (Queen's Park), i guaruntee the largest away support of the season will attend. We might get the Rangers End, in tribute to Oor Barry.

What a rambling mess.

Did you not have segregation during your time in the First from 2001-3? I remember being at three of our visits, and all in the one end. Any other clubs fans' on here ever visit Gayfield for a second-tier match since the 1980s?

Yeah the segregation was put in place during that time. Tho i think it was more for the bigger away support games as i remember switching ends at a number of games.

Pretty sure at the same time they stopped opening the gates up at halftime so folk could nip across to Tutties for a quick pint.

I suspect that segregation has been put in place after consultation with the police who I suspect wont have demanded it but will have said if we don't segregate we will need to pay for more polis at the ground.

As has been said, there hasn't been any issues between the two sets of fans in modern times. The worst behaviour I've seen at a game between us was their disgusting homophobic 'simonlichtie is gay' chants back in the late 00s ;).

In terms of the game, I view it as I have almost all games this season, completely 50/ 50.

Archived