Dumbarton v Morton

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We score first we win.

Especially pertinent against us. We've gone behind 16 times this season, we've never came back to win from behind and have only managed to draw from being behind 3 times. If you take the lead you've pretty much got the game won.

I'm in agreement with those that suggest the way forward for the rest of the season, is just that, forward.

Let's have a go at teams and try and win the match from the off without sitting in to try and sneak a goal and end up getting undone by some woeful defending/goalkeeping/lapse in concentration.

This game is huge and a win would be a huge boost, but I'm wary of the Morton supporters paving the way for a Sons win here, very disconcerting...

If I remember correctly, when Stevie joined he stated that he wanted to stop us shipping goals but also get a good balance between defence and attack. The season has almost exclusively focused on the defence. Think it's time the Stevie's settled on a formation/players that shifts more on the attacking part.

Also, seem to recall Morton fans sounding a bit disgruntled with Duffy early on, was this correct or am I making this up?

If Nade plays then a winger must also play to feed him with crosses. As I have said many times this season we have to go for it. It does not matter if we concede six as long as we score seven. Play Walsh wide with macallum playing off Nade and Fleming behind the strikers. Morton do not have a great defence . Hit them hard and keep hitting them. If one man can keep us up it is Nade . Feed him and we will win.

Think Duffyf should play the young boy Tennant at right back for the rest of the season , he had a good game last night and with Pepper out and not a great deal to play for give the young man a chance

He should just play the full U20s side.  Nothing to play for, give the young men a chance.

Full squad available for us. Expect Docherty and Routledge to come back in. I'd be putting Barr back to centre half and letting Lindsay and Routledge play in the middle. Barr in midfield works against the likes of Rangers, Hibs and Falkirk but against the rest he's wasted in there, as evidenced by just about every game he's played in there. Fleming and Nade up top, we need to go for it.

Theres no pleasing us; reach safety with 6 games left and we'd grumble about not getting our moneys worth.

Hopefully the players are motivated and up for it tomorrow. I thought Morton really outplayed us at theirs in the last game, pressing man and ball quickly.

Jazza

Taggs bucky frazer sparky

Cawley barr lindsay walsh

Fleming nade

Will this game be on? Been pishing down all day and your pitch doesn't seem to cope with heavy rain very well.

My Uncle's over from Dubai and is planning to go to this one, the previous two games he's been over for have both been postponed. So probably not, no.

Will this game be on? Been pishing down all day and your pitch doesn't seem to cope with heavy rain very well.

Been pishing down here too but we've not had a game on the pitch for 3 weeks (as far as I'm aware) so I'm hoping it will cope pretty well. Our pitch isn't actually too bad with water, it's more often than not frost at the stand side that puts our games off.

Just for your info, this has been the wettest winter since records started and I've lost 2 games to rain both being called off early to save the fans travelling. The park was playable at ko time on both occasions but I'm pretty sure the Alloa cup game would have been abandoned as it was mental after 3pm. Cheers ðŸ‘

Just for your info, this has been the wettest winter since records started and I've lost 2 games to rain both being called off early to save the fans travelling. The park was playable at ko time on both occasions but I'm pretty sure the Alloa cup game would have been abandoned as it was mental after 3pm. Cheers ðŸ‘

Nae idea if you're allowed to tell me or not, but how's the pitch looking for tomorrow? I've been down in Ayr all day and the weather's horrific, but no idea how bad it is at the Rock.

I sense a fear factor creeping in to sons fans .

I suspect you're right, but I would say that it's justified fear on the back of our last couple of performances and more importantly, results, coupled with Livingston's unexpected win at TFS the other week.

I'm genuinely hopeful that we can cobble together enough points to see us safe, but I also couldn't confidently predict us winning a match at the moment.

Morton's season is all but over, so hopefully that bodes well for tomorrow, but as tough a game as it'll be regardless, this is one of the games that we'd surely ear-mark as a must win given our forthcoming trip to Ibrox on Tuesday.

Very rarely miss Dumbarton away due to the convenience of it but I'm just not bothered, at all about this one tomorrow. Even if we win it means very little, but suspect Dumbarton will pick up the points given our already well-documented tendency to down tools.

3-1 Dumbarton.

Archived