Dumbarton v Morton

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should be proud of our achievements.  Highlighting your achievements on social media is absolutely what the club need to be doing.  Folk are always on here moaning that the club don't do enough to promote ourselves, now they get moaned at for letting people know how well we've done.

I realise it doesn't help us stay up or win points at this stage in the season but I personally don't see the issue with it, other than some full-time clubs having a chuckle and shrugging their shoulders, which frankly - who gives a monkeys?

Aye, fair enough point I suppose.  I just don't get it, personally.

I'm completely fine with it, but my worry is that we go down in the playoffs - to a p/t team - and look a bit daft.

That would be miniscule in comparison to the Premier Division split which can leave the team in 6th place on 42 points and the one in 8th place on 44 points :huh:  

Who gives a shit if we are relegated at the hands of say, Stranraer, when there are much more glaring idiocies in Scottish football.....

The team in the bottom half of the split can have more points than a team in the top half in just the same way as a team in a lower division can have more points. Thery're still below them in the final positions

The team in the bottom half of the split can have more points than a team in the top half in just the same way as a team in a lower division can have more points. Thery're still below them in the final positions

It's a idiotic scheme. The whole point of a league to see how teams compete against one and other and the team with the best results overall wins, pretty skewed when you change the dynamic for a portion of it.

What I have noticed though is that Sons have gone from a team that previously looked to compete against every opponent in the division to one which now looks to throttle the life from every fixture in search of a point.

Rather succinctly put OKIII.

Jaz has made it into SPFL team of the week after that stunning performance at the weekend where he saved all 2 (TWO) of Morton's shots on target.

Sure it wasn't three shots on target? Two good saves/parries by Jamie, and a rebound from the post IIRC.

Sure it wasn't three shots on target? Two good saves/parries by Jamie, and a rebound from the post IIRC.

The post is technically counted as off target, so according to the BBC stats bit it is only 2.

Archived