St Johnstone FC - The Story so far...

perthsaint1977

One day I'll survive a season and see how McKay does for me. TBH I think I'm too loyal, and have too much of a set opinion of some of the players. Sutton never gets a chance while Scobbie gets dropped instantly.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What season are you in ??

Who are the other standout's in your save?

definitely noticed with young players with decent potential, if you play them regularly then sometimes their stats do sky rocket. In regards to Brad, when he come over to saints I felt the Hearts researcher had him a bit too highly rated. I did not really change this as I only seen him play twice (european game at home and Hearts away first game of the season) so did not feel had seen enough of him to tweak his attributes. In the most recent update, due to him being on loan at Dunfermline, their researcher will have had to amend his stats based on performances etc.

It will be interesting to see all the young guys who are out on loan, when they are back in my saints database in the summer to see what their respective researcher thinks of them.

Third season. He's worth 1.7 million too.

Yeah yours will be the updated one tbf. Well of the players you'll have in your game, Spoony is always the best, there's not many after that who are still playing other than Easton and Davidson. Best signings I've made are Danny Ward and Mark Connolly. Actually Shaughnessy at right back is an assist machine, raging of 7.3+ in each season.

One day I'll survive a season and see how McKay does for me. TBH I think I'm too loyal, and have too much of a set opinion of some of the players. Sutton never gets a chance while Scobbie gets dropped instantly.

I always sell Scobbie. ALWAYS!! :lol:

Third season. He's worth 1.7 million too.

Yeah yours will be the updated one tbf. Well of the players you'll have in your game, Spoony is always the best, there's not many after that who are still playing other than Easton and Davidson. Best signings I've made are Danny Ward and Mark Connolly. Actually Shaughnessy at right back is an assist machine, raging of 7.3+ in each season.

said to RG yesterday that Joe is a decent player on the game. Very consistent at both CB and RB. I like him in real life and he has impressed me.

Quick update, the draw for the 1st Knock out round in the Uefa Cup has seen St Johnstone been paired with FC Groningen (Holland). The first game will be away from home. The 1st leg comes 4 days after we play Aberdeen in the semi final of the league cup. Going to be  a huge week.

Right then, had a quick hour to spare tonight so went ahead and continued my little adventure. I have played 4 league games since the last update, Hamilton (H), Motherwell (H), Dundee (A) and Hibs (H). picked up 3 wins out of 4, and the wins came without conceding a single goal.

Just like in real life, Motherwell are a bogey team for me. I am unable to contain Ainsworth and the end result is usually 3 goals for Motherwell.

mskw13.jpg

These results leave the league table so tight, 5 points separate the top 6 teams !!

24dijog.jpg

Yeh I agree with Deeboy, you made reference in the other thread to changing player attributes so really you are just wasting time playing an amended version of the game.

Yeh I agree with Deeboy, you made reference in the other thread to changing player attributes so really you are just wasting time playing an amended version of the game.

zero amendment taken place to the database. I thought it automatically come with the game but it doesn't so couldn't do what I was planning on doing with doolan.

Really, I can't.

If you feel the need to cheat, fair enough. Don't expect folk to believe anything you achieve in the game when you've already admitted to being a cheat.

haven't cheated at all. Original game. Most recent database with zero amendments as I do not have the editor ( seemingly you need to pay extra for it ). I just get the bog standard version as part of doing the data files for saints.

For all the doubters out there about whether i tweaked the cheat machine Doolan or not - here is the evidence that I did not.

Season one 22 goals, 7 assists from 38 games!!!

He has not been as prolific second season due to 7 weeks out injured but still has 6 goals and 2 assists in 18 games

wcntc2.jpg

292tr2e.jpg

18j190.jpg

Well a fantastic run of league games comes to a halt against my bogey team Partick Thistle.

the 451 formation is still working well - limiting the goals against and always creating a few chances.

Big couple of weeks about to commence, with League Cup semi final against Aberdeen,  A Scottish Cup tie away to Dundee and then our European Adventure continues.

2ylnrt2.jpg

Well time for the next updates.

Aberdeen were first up in the League Cup Semi Final. Aberdeen were really toiling at the time and Del was under a lot of pressure. The Dons were dispatched and the Aberdeen gaffer was subsequently sacked.

We them visited Tayside rivals Dundee in the Scottish Cup 5th Round - a good game saw us eventually go out 2-1. There was late drama however as Liam Craig missed a penalty in the 95th minute.

Then it was back to our European Adventure against the high flying FC Gronigen. What happened next was pretty amazing, we managed to dispatch them and go on and face Dnipro in the 2nd Knockout Round (They routinely pumped us silly 6-1 on aggregate and our Adventure was over).

League performances against Hamilton and our Bogey team Motherwell dipped purely due to fitness levels.

We got back to winning ways in the league against Dundee and ICT before we played our League Cup Final against Kilmarnock.

As you can see, in a nervy final, we eventually scrapped a 2-1 win and lifted the League Cup.

33cyaeu.jpg

Archived