Berwick v Clyde

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure a few of the Clyde fans are more than capable of putting up a fight next week. The team are another matter altogether.

Cringe.

The main problem with Clyde is that, despite their utter delusion telling them otherwise after a run of anything more than 2 wins in a row, they're a total fucking gang. Barry brought technically gifted players and has no clue how to utilise them, and when the going gets tough those go missing. His philosophy seems to be that his clogging defenders will get him out of trouble if that ever happens but it simply won't happen. Despite looking like a chimp on valium, Chris Smith looked good yesterday, but when you're surrounded by utter, utter shite like Bolo you don't stand too much of a chance.

I don't think it's right to criticise players for going on holiday at this level(not saying you are but others have) as the prices are cheaper and after all they're not the richest so just hope he returns with a bang next week and helps us secure the play-offs.

I totally disagree. If it is a wedding Gemmell is away to...then fair enough.

If it's just a holiday he is going on then Ferguson should never have signed him.

Don't swallow all this bullshit that he's part time & can go on holiday when he wants.

It's during the season. He should not be going on holiday.....Simples.

I work with a couple of junior players & I asked them about this.

They said that they wouldn't go on holiday during the season unless it was a stag do for a family relative that they couldn't really say no to.

We don't really know the facts..

But personally if it is a boy's jolly he is away on I'd tell him to piss off.

Cringe.

The main problem with Clyde is that, despite their utter delusion telling them otherwise after a run of anything more than 2 wins in a row, they're a total fucking gang. Barry brought technically gifted players and has no clue how to utilise them, and when the going gets tough those go missing. His philosophy seems to be that his clogging defenders will get him out of trouble if that ever happens but it simply won't happen. Despite looking like a chimp on valium, Chris Smith looked good yesterday, but when you're surrounded by utter, utter shite like Bolo you don't stand too much of a chance.

Quite a good summing up that and not one I would argue with, except to say that Smith has been one of our midst consistent players this season, but does allow himself to get caught up in the lump the ball up the field nonsense too often.

I totally disagree. If it is a wedding Gemmell is away to...then fair enough.

If it's just a holiday he is going on then Ferguson should never have signed him.

Don't swallow all this bullshit that he's part time & can go on holiday when he wants.

It's during the season. He should not be going on holiday.....Simples.

I work with a couple of junior players & I asked them about this.

They said that they wouldn't go on holiday during the season unless it was a stag do for a family relative that they couldn't really say no to.

We don't really know the facts..

But personally if it is a boy's jolly he is away on I'd tell him to piss off.

as said don't know the circumstances but does my nut in players going on holiday during the season just didn't happen years ago

pretty comprehensive and fair highlights looked pretty comfortable win for berwick

I can feel a summer clear out(again) coming up:)

need to get more energy into the team especially midfield

Sure it's pretty standard in players contracts that they don't go on holiday during the season. We had a young player a few seasons ago who was just breaking into the first team and he went on holiday the last week of pre-season. No idea where he is now. Just stupid.

Gemmell simply hasn't been available enough for us to tailor our game to him. He's only started 3 games and only came on as a sub 4 times. He's had a hamstring injury, been in hospital and apparently was on holiday today.

You would think an experienced manager might have considered these scenarios with a played-out player at the end of his career before signing him?

The reliable SSB reports that the club has gone into negative finance again due in great part, or wholly, to the buying in of mercenaries. If so, surely to buy into Barry's plan to invest and get the club promoted this year the committee/board would have a quid pro quo that said that if they gave him what he wanted he would have to perform i.e. win promotion. Seems like a fair business arrangement that in a results-led business.

And yet Clyde have renewed his contract before the final position is known. Looks like it's Barry calling the shots, not the Club custodians. You reap what you sow gentlemen.

You would think an experienced manager might have considered these scenarios with a played-out player at the end of his career before signing him?

The reliable SSB reports that the club has gone into negative finance again due in great part, or wholly, to the buying in of mercenaries. If so, surely to buy into Barry's plan to invest and get the club promoted this year the committee/board would have a quid pro quo that said that if they gave him what he wanted he would have to perform i.e. win promotion. Seems like a fair business arrangement that in a results-led business.

And yet Clyde have renewed his contract before the final position is known. Looks like it's Barry calling the shots, not the Club custodians. You reap what you sow gentlemen.

Yet more obsessed drivel spouted about Clyde!

Another year in league 2 for the huge club that Clyde is! Bunch o bottlers! Hope we thump u's next week. Pleasing, very pleasing....

you seem more excited about the prospect of us not going up rather than your team winning the league :)

small town mentality ?

Sure it's pretty standard in players contracts that they don't go on holiday during the season. We had a young player a few seasons ago who was just breaking into the first team and he went on holiday the last week of pre-season. No idea where he is now. Just stupid.

Benidorm?

you seem more excited about the prospect of us not going up rather than your team winning the league :)

small town mentality ?

Nah, I'm delighted we're in a great position to win this league but after reading far too many posts from clearly deluded Clyde fans I find it hilarious that Clyde will be lucky to even make play offs! Mon the Fife!

Nah, I'm delighted we're in a great position to win this league but after reading far too many posts from clearly deluded Clyde fans I find it hilarious that Clyde will be lucky to even make play offs! Mon the Fife!

see that's the difference good luck to east fife deserve the league but couldn't careless about them or other teams in the league

as I said small town mentality

see that's the difference good luck to east fife deserve the league but couldn't careless about them or other teams in the league

as I said small town mentality

Where does small town mentality stand in relation to no town mentality ?

There may well be a few twists to come but if Clyde do not get promoted then they will be more than deserving of the ridicule which will follow.

There may well be a few twists to come but if Clyde do not get promoted then they will be more than deserving of the ridicule which will follow.

oh see the Methil computer has been passed on to another person enjoy

agree we will get pelters that's football

however only in football coming from Methil holds you up to ridicule no matter who you encounter in any walk of life :)

I'm not one of the 'deluded Clyde fans' who you talk about.

Clyde are where we are...but you come across as a bit of a cock.😉

Archived