Berwick v Clyde

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The strategy required for two-leg play-offs are a completely different ball game to that of normal league games (as we've naively found out to our cost in recent seasons) and if you do get there then I think the experience that Ferguson and your senior players have of that environment gives you a slight advantage over the rest of us

Utter pish!

Ferguson has plenty experience of league runs ins yet the team have shat the bed, well and truly over the last 3 games. Our only chance in the playoffs (if we make it) is to draw Annan as they are our bitches.

why don't you worry about your parasitic club living off Scottish football

like to comment on the state of the pitch ?oh it's the stadium company nothing to do with us

let's hope the SFA ditch the dump that is hampden and make you stand on your on two feet

You keep making these kind of comments about parasites. Honestly, where do you get this stuff from? QP owns Hampden and the SFA rent some offices. They rent the stadium for events such as cup finals, internationals etc. They are a long standing customer for us and we are a competent and reliable facility supplier for them. That's it. Just business.

I'm sure when Clyde get back on their feet and find a committee who can break 100 years of tradition by making good commercial choices and you build and own a five star European standard facility the SFA will come and give Clyde a shout for help. I'm sure all this Shetto nonsense is just a cunning decoy.

Looks like you've had too much Vino Collapso tonight. Celebrating Rangers return to The Big Time perhaps ? Wind yer neck in.

You keep making these kind of comments about parasites. Honestly, where do you get this stuff from? QP owns Hampden and the SFA rent some offices. They rent the stadium for events such as cup finals, internationals etc. They are a long standing customer for us and we are a competent and reliable facility supplier for them. That's it. Just business.

I'm sure when Clyde get back on their feet and find a committee who can break 100 years of tradition by making good commercial choices and you build and own a five star European standard facility the SFA will come and give Clyde a shout for help. I'm sure all this Shetto nonsense is just a cunning decoy.

Looks like you've had too much Vino Collapso tonight. Celebrating Rangers return to The Big Time perhaps ? Wind yer neck in.[/quote

brilliant deflection

who paid for hampden being rebuilt queens Park ?

competent and reliable you can't even get the pitch right

as for the amateur sh** ha ha

and I don't mention celtic or rangers you do get back to snuggling up to your rangers buddies on pie and bovril :)

Looks like you've had too much Vino Collapso tonight. Celebrating Rangers return to The Big Time perhaps ? Wind yer neck in.

you and your queens Park ( old firm closets ) pollute the Clyde threads even when you win :)

with all the anti Barry Ferguson stuff because he left your big team ?

as said parasites

I think the loss of Scott Ferguson has hurt us badly. He gave us a natural outball, would run at defenders and cross the ball in but since his injury, the team has been far too slow and static, in my opinion. I'd hope that for next season we manage to add some more movement and pace to the team. Obviously, there are other factors, and it's up to Barry and the team to adapt accordingly but I think Fergie's been a big loss for us.

i think you hit the nail firmly on the head there Scott. As I said on another thread early in the season I think Ferguson's a smashing player and there's no doubt that Gemmell would have feasted on his crosses. But now that Ferguson's out then surely plan B would be to work the ball through the middle and use his strength to draw fouls or provide lay-offs to the likes of Gormley. In his formative years with QP when he had pace (genuinely!) he was able to run past defenders, but now he needs sharp passes played into his feet from close range before defenders can get in front of him.

Albion Rovers were brilliant in getting the best out of him that way, and for QP's sake i can only hope you still haven't found the magic formula in two weeks time, or again if we meet in the play-offs. On his day he's simply unstoppable at this level, but 50 yard passes to him ain't the answer.

Surely Ferguson can't be blamed for the past 3 results? Fair enough if he fucked the tactics up in all 3 but that's not the case. The players have to look at themselves.

He can be blamed for coming up with a squad that isn't suited to play at a venue where 18 of our league games are taking place this season. We've done pretty well away from home but at home the only times we've looked like a decent team were when we played 433 with a ton of width and a wee bit of pace from either Campbell or Ferguson; and of course neither of them are available now. I've heard 6 or 7 different names of people who we're in various stages of trying to sign and they would address the problem of not having any pace or invention but my fear is that we'll end up losing what strengths we've had this year. 

Today's result wasn't a surprise as such given Berwick's recent improvement and our season long tendency to go on streaky runs of form. I'm sure they'd agree that 3-0 flattered them, even if they deserved to win. Of course, the disappointment comes from the fact it was a third poor result in a row having got ourselves into a good position. 

We started well enough, with Linton good in the early stages playing centrally. Passed the ball well at times whilst Gormley was a good outlet when we went longer. We lost out considerably when McGovern went off though, the victim of what looked like a really poor tackle and from then we started to predictably look long too often. For all the talk of Berwick's good defensive record they looked shaky early on and good chances came and went. Berwick scored with their first real attack, from a good cross and a terrific header. They were then the better team for a period but we ended the half well enough, albeit with our better chances at that stage coming from set pieces; Marsh heading against the bar from almost underneath it, Kirkpatrick shooting wide from the edge of the box after a clearing header.

Second half we had plenty of possession but did absolutely nothing with it. Berwick did look like a solid defensive unit particularly across midfield. Our wing-backs contributed nothing going forward, Gormley facing his own goal the whole time. The only player to make any impact going forward was Marsh who got in behind a few times but ended up with nothing to hit in the box. Didn't look we would score and Berwick could've scored on the break before they did. 

Few points other points to raise. I thought Crane was Berwick's best player and produced two terrific crosses for the first two goals. Millen was abysmal at right wing-back. McMann and Beveridge basically cancelled each other out; I don't think much came down that side for either team. Finally, next week could be absolutely horrendous :lol: 

i think you hit the nail firmly on the head there Scott. As I said on another thread early in the season I think Ferguson's a smashing player and there's no doubt that Gemmell would have feasted on his crosses. But now that Ferguson's out then surely plan B would be to work the ball through the middle and use his strength to draw fouls or provide lay-offs to the likes of Gormley. In his formative years with QP when he had pace (genuinely!) he was able to run past defenders, but now he needs sharp passes played into his feet from close range before defenders can get in front of him.

Albion Rovers were brilliant in getting the best out of him that way, and for QP's sake i can only hope you still haven't found the magic formula in two weeks time, or again if we meet in the play-offs. On his day he's simply unstoppable at this level, but 50 yard passes to him ain't the answer.

Gemmell simply hasn't been available enough for us to tailor our game to him. He's only started 3 games and only came on as a sub 4 times. He's had a hamstring injury, been in hospital and apparently was on holiday today.

Gemmell simply hasn't been available enough for us to tailor our game to him. He's only started 3 games and only came on as a sub 4 times. He's had a hamstring injury, been in hospital and apparently was on holiday today.

I don't think it's right to criticise players for going on holiday at this level(not saying you are but others have) as the prices are cheaper and after all they're not the richest so just hope he returns with a bang next week and helps us secure the play-offs.

just hope he returns with a bang next week and helps us secure the play-offs.

Darren - if he returns from holiday having shed a few pounds and is raring to go then there will be a lot of 'Rovers, Stenny and QP fans (including myself) who'll be shaking their heads in disbelief, but all credit to you for your optimism

Great result. Hendersons header was great, second should have been an easy save. McGregors goal was sublime! How well deserved after being released earlier in the week (very puzzling, what are Hibs thinking?) Wish he would come back to us next season, but hes surely destined for more full time football.

Great effort all round, excellent passing football at times. If only we had played this well all season.

Archived