BinoBalls

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best scenes involved in

Morton 3-2 Rangers 1988

First home win over them in 70 years.

St. Mirren 1-5 Morton 1999

We played 30 minutes with 10 men at 2-1 up.

Stranraer 1-4 Morton 2001

The season after administration ended. Standing at the exit at 1-1 waiting for the whistle. Minutes later Sean O'Connor is putting us 4-1 up and being jumped on by fans on the park.

Morton 2-1 Albion Rovers 2002

A late winner from Davie McGregor. Cowshed went absolutely mental - I've never celebrated scoring against Albion Rovers like that before.

Morton 1-0 Peterhead 2003

Winning the 3rd division on the final day will long stay with me. The 1-0 win at East Fife the previous month had scenes of it's own kind too.

Ayr United 1-1 Morton 2006

Ayr time wasted from the moment they scored (1st half). Peter Weatherson equalised at 5 o'clock - absolute bedlam next to the exit.

Morton 3-1 Kilmarnock 2007

Dumping a top flight side out whilst trying to win the 2nd division. Sanny scored a peach that stunned the ground, but the 3rd goal sent us mental.

Hibernian 3-4 Morton 2008

A total rollercoaster, 2-0 up, 2-2, 3-2 down in ET then 4-3 up. A side that hadn't won a league game came out and gave us this.

Celtic 0-1 Morton 2014

Efe Ambrose & 27 corners night. I remember the real fear that we'd miss the penalty but Imrie was the coolest head on the park.

Morton 2-1 Ayr United 2015

0-1 in injury time. This was my son's first #scenes, after having asked to leave early. The 3-2 win over Stenny from 2-0 down was equally memorable.

Mention also to Stefan McCluskey putting us 2-1 at Ibrox earlier this season.

Scotland 1-0 Holland 

Batshit crazy celebrations when that deflected shot hit the net.

Scotland 1-0 France

See above.

Best opposition scenes

St. Johnstone when they went 3-1 up in the the 1989 Scottish Cup Quarter Final Replay.

Dundee United going 2-1 up in the final game of 1995-96.

St Mirren when Yardley scored in stoppage time to put them 3-2 up in the 2002 League Cup.

Best scenes on TV

Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal (title decider)

Bayern 1-2 Man Utd (CL Final)

Spain 4-3 Yugoslavia (still my favourite game watched live on TV)

Liverpool 5-4 Alves (UEFA Cup Final)

Man City 0-1 Wigan (FA Cup Final)

The first goal of the 3-1 win against united at dens after 10 years without a win. Just as it slips under the keeper the derry erupted in a noise I never heard before.

I miss the Derry surges :(

Another one for scenes seen on tv. Even though this kills me saying it look at the celebrations from the hearts fans.

This is one of a couple of opposition scenes that sticks in the memory, can only imagine what it must've felt like to be in that away end.

To make you feel less dirty;

:D

Special mention to the winning goal too. Decent scenes again and a superb finish.

This is one of a couple of opposition scenes that sticks in the memory, can only imagine what it must've felt like to be in that away end.

To make you feel less dirty;

:D

Special mention to the winning goal too. Decent scenes again and a superb finish.

My 2nd and last derby win so far at Tynecastle. Scenes all around when Caldwell scored the winner. 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You have the better ground, undoubtedly. However, none of your stands have any character whatsoever. Shite home support, no amount of motivational banners will ever change that.

Tade scoring at Pittodrie.  Everyone assumed he would miss from 3 yards - then the ball hit the roof of the net and everyone lost their shit.

The seethe from the South Stand at Pittodrie next to the fence was excellent.

Also Alan Wakers goal in the last minute against Dundee to end their unbeaten run.  Superb stuff.  People were dancing on top of the police box :lol:

Tade scoring at Pittodrie. Everyone assumed he would miss from 3 yards - then the ball hit the roof of the net and everyone lost their shit.

The seethe from the South Stand at Pittodrie next to the fence was excellent.

Also Alan Wakers goal in the last minute against Dundee to end their unbeaten run. Superb stuff. People were dancing on top of the police box :lol:

That was an absolute belter of a goal and fitting to end our remarkable run.

Tade was one of a few raith players to come and applaud us at the end of the game actually. Good guys you lot in Kirkcaldy

This is #2 scenes for us IMO. Obviously - again - hounding Celtic was still better in terms of the result but this was far more enjoyable. Our first season in a proper league since administration: largely making a c**t of it by continuing to pay Jim McInally a wage as manager. Davie Irons then steps in and steadies the ship but things still look play-off bound. Until a horde of Morton supporters dwarf the home fanbase at Firhill, then Sir Brian Wake steps up with a gloriously dominant performance to secure our league status on goals scored. Not the first time that Wake stepped up to the mark in a final day decider in his career. Between this and being one of the most prolific First Division strikers we've had, Wake goes down as a legendary figure within the discerning Morton fanbase. Untouchable.

Best Scenes You've Been Involved In

• Drawing with Alloa in 1992 to clinch promotion. Was my first pitch invasion, the whole pitch was covered in fans.
  • Graeme "Broonie" Browns last minute winner against East Fife at New Bayview in 1999. The way the stand just erupted, i thought we took the roof off.
  • When the final whistle eventually blew at Home to Elgin to win the 3rd Division in 2006, seeing grown men crying and people scaling the fence to get on the pitch, amazing.
  • When Marc McKenzie scored his second against Forfor in 2012 in the game if we won we would be confirmed 2nd Division champions, me and the old man just new it was going to be our day, we hugged for what felt was a lifetime when the ball hit the back of the net.
  • Beating the Townies in their own back yard in the play off final, with Leishman, Jeffries and their fans having us dead and buried before a ball was kicked that day. 
  • Coming back from 3-0 down to win 4-3 against Stirling Albion, surreal game and mini pitch invasion at the fouth.

Best Scenes You've Seen From Opposition

• Only one that sticks out for me was when we played Queens Park in the last game of the 1999/2000 season where a draw or win would win them the 3rd Divison, think we went 2-0 up, but they came back at us, when their 3rd went in, it was pandemonium, guys built like rugby players crashing in to the fence around the pitch, women greeting. Had the hair on the back of my neck on end anyway.

Best Scenes On TV

• Jimmy Glass scoring the goal that kept Carlisle in the football league. Fans pole axing the ref,lol. Emotional stuff
  • Man City against QPR, best final day to EPL i have ever seen
  • Will update when Leicester win the EPL

Archived