Best 'Scenes' At The Football

BinoBalls

Best scenes i've been involved in.

Beating Aberdeen at Fir Park to secure European football when McGhee was in his first spell at the club was a great day. Happy memories of standing in Jack Daniels beer garden for the after match beer with the most intense thunderstorm going on overhead.

Coming from 2-0 down at Tynecastle in the first game after Phil O'Donnell died was pretty special, a sold out away end going wild when the equaliser went in was amazing.

League cup semi final against Hearts at Easter Road when Fitzpatrick scored with almost the last kick of the game is right up there as well, I remember looking around me in a drunken daze and seeing the look of shock on people's faces in the Hearts and Motherwell ends.

And of course can't leave helicopter Sunday off the list, i got the bus to Motherwell that day which was jam packed with Celtic fans talking about their title parties they had organised for that night and just generally being arrogant twats so when McDonalds 2nd hit the back of the net watching them stream out the ground crying was an amusing sight.

Scenes of the opposition.

St Mirren coming back from 2-0 down to win at Fir Park to keep them in the league was probably the most angry i've ever been leaving the ground and a big part of that was having to watch the very sizeable away support nearly tear the roof off the south stand when the winner went in, gutted.

Losing a league cup tie to away to Airdrie a good few years ago now springs to mind, they had a very small support for a Lanarkshire derby on their patch but they went wild when they scored the winner which if I remember correctly was a peach of an o.g by Lasley, that was a grim night.

Scenes on television.

I still get goosebumps watching the Watford v Leicester championship playoffs semi final with the late Deeney goal after Leicester missed their penalty.

Chelsea winning the champions league was pretty special, to be totally dominated like that for the full 90 mins and extra time to then win it on pens still puzzles me to this day, Bayern should have won it comfortably.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coming back from 2-0 down at Tynie to make it 2-2 when Hanlon scored in injury time. Utter bedlam. Ended up about 6 rows down and have no idea how I got there.

Doyle equalising in the Falkirk semi from 3-0 down. Think that was more relief than joy when celebrating. Still can't believe we came back In that because that was the worst I've ever seen us in the first half.

Stevensons goal to put us 2-0 up at Ibrox last season after Sevco battered us for 90 minutes was unreal. Can remember everyone charging down the front when he done it. Whole day was great, just knew we were going to win when the steward was nearly having a heart attack before the game because the Hibs fans were throwing a ball about that got accidentally kicked into us before he got it back.... Then Stevenson ran over and kicked another ball into us :lol:

Pique's OG when we brought it back to 2-2 was decent too. But I'll always remember when Ferguson equalised against Italy. At that moment in time I honestly thought we were going to do it. The whole ending of that game was heartbreaking and I'm sure sunshine on leith was played at the end?

Involved in:

Brian Welsh injury time equaliser in 96 playoff against Thistle, more scenes than the winner in extra time.

Ian Ferguson headed winner at Dens vs Aberdeen in Scottish Cup semi 2nd replay 1988.

McSwegan last minute lobbed winner at Tannadice against Celtic in 97.

Daly and Dods both scoring in last 5 minutes to overturn a 1 goal deficit to Celtic, late 2009.

Johnny Russell scoring in the opening seconds against new Rangers at Tannadice.

Ciftci winner at Ibrox against new Rangers at Ibrox in SC semi.

Opposition:

Dunfermline fans when virtually winning the old 1st Division at Tannadice courtesy of Stuart Petrie

Rangers 9 in a row at Tannadice when Laudrup scored.

The Dees at McPake's equaliser earlier this season were pretty mental.

• 2 weeks later...

Best Scenes You've Been Involved In

• DVT scoring the cup winner against Celtic in 2012
  • Gary Caldwell Scotland goal and final whistle against France
  • Barry Ferguson Scotland equaliser against Italy, (didn't last long)
  • Naisy Scotland equaliser against Spain, (didn't last long)
  • Fletcher Scotland goal against Poland, (didn't last long)
  • Morrison and Miller goals at Wembley, (see above)

Best Scenes You've Seen From Opposition

• Celtic's title party, (gadz), at Rugby Park was surreal, 3 stands and co-ordinated singing. It was horrible but mesmerising.
  • I was in the Celtic end, (gadz - long story), when Rangers, (gadz), won the shame game 3-0 to clinch the league at Celtic Park, (the sight of 55,000 sitting on their hands while 5,000 went mental was bizarre).
  • Ayr Utd equaliser at Somerset in Scottish cup a few years back and their 1st goal in the replay at RP.

Best Scenes On TV

• Liverpool v AC Milan champions league final and I'm an Everton fan
  • Scotland 1-0 at Wembley in the Wold Cup play offs
  • McFaddan Scotland goal and full time v France in Paris

• DVT scoring the cup winner against Celtic in 2012
  • Gary Caldwell Scotland goal and final whistle against France
  • Barry Ferguson Scotland equaliser against Italy, (didn't last long)
  • Naisy Scotland equaliser against Spain, (didn't last long)
  • Fletcher Scotland goal against Poland, (didn't last long)
  • Morrison and Miller goals at Wembley, (see above)

• Celtic's title party, (gadz), at Rugby Park was surreal, 3 stands and co-ordinated singing. It was horrible but mesmerising.
  • I was in the Celtic end, (gadz - long story), when Rangers, (gadz), won the shame game 3-0 to clinch the league at Celtic Park, (the sight of 55,000 sitting on their hands while 5,000 went mental was bizarre).
  • Ayr Utd equaliser at Somerset in Scottish cup a few years back and their 1st goal in the replay at RP.

Best Scenes On TV

• Liverpool v AC Milan champions league final and I'm an Everton fan
  • Scotland 1-0 at Wembley in the Wold Cup play offs
  • McFaddan Scotland goal and full time v France in Paris

Scotland won a Euros play-off at Wembley.

• Alex Williams equaliser in the last minute vs Killie at Somerset.
  • Moffat in the last minute at Brechin to win the Play-Off Final.
  • The aforementioned game at Raith where Gormley scored and one guy forgot he was a Father.
  • Maloney v Ireland at Parkhead.
  • Jordan Henderson scoring for Sunderland vs Wigan. Judge me.

• Raith equaliser in about the 98th minute to get a 2-2 draw at Stark's. Casalinuovo I think was the scorer. Hit his shin, so it did...
  • Every Falkirk/Morton/Airdrie/St Mirren/Hibs last minute winner up the Railway End.
  • Kilmarnock Extra Time winner at Hampden.

Best Scenes On TV

• Hibs equaliser at Tynecastle this season.
  • Man United v City when Owen scored.
  • Adam Johnson's winner at Newcastle... :unsure2: Can I say that, aye?
  • Gaz Caldwell v France

Scenes involved in

Hanlon's equaliser at Tynecastle, oh my word dem scenes.

Griffiths then Caldwell at Tynecastle, jeeeeez.

Dean Shiels at Tynecastle when he almost took the roof off the net.

Griffiths winner against Falkirk in the 4-3 game, just pure emotion, was knackered by the time it went in.

Ivan Sproule's hat trick at ibrox

Skelping Rangers couple months later in the cup.

Away at Celtic (think we got beaten 2-1) Gary Caldwell equalised for Hibs.

Rugby park when Griffiths scored a hat trick.

opposition scenes

Helicopter Sunday - enough said.

Hearts when they equalised through a Ryan McGivern OG, Dunbar end erupted.

Ross county in the league cup final.

scenes on TV

Deeney for Watford.

Aguerooooooooooo!!!!!

Liverpool's comeback in Istanbul.

Man united in 99.

Spurs when Aaron Lennon equalised at the Emirates for 4-4.

Hearts fans at Anfield.

• 2 weeks later...

Has everyone changed their answer to "Best Scenes On TV" yet?

The problem with Hampden is you can't see much of the fan celebrations behind the goal, so for TV scenes it isn't the best. There is a video from the press box that had a better view of the stand behind the goal but there was no close ups. Still great celebrations though, can only imagine what it was like to be there when the header hit the net.

Really wish we would rebuild that ground to have steep stands close to the pitch. A sort of large version of tynecastle.

• Celtic v Leeds Hampden Park 1970 - still the best atmosphere I have ever witnessed at a football match
  • Scotland v Czechoslovakia Hampden 1973 - Joe Jordan and World Cup qualification, unreal. 
  • Motherwell 3-1 Tottenham Hotspur Fir Park 1971 - Brian Heron wizardry
  • Motherwell 4-3 Dundee Utd Hampden 1991 - Scottish Cup glory.

• Airdrie's celebrations when the beat us at Firhill in the Scottish Cup semi-final

Best Scenes On TV

• Carlos Alberto goal in 1970 World Cup Final
  • Archie Gemmill goal v Holland 1978 World Cup
  • Aguero v QPR and the scenes at Utd's match.
  •  

• When we beat Airdrie at the Shyberry in 2007 to win the playoffs and win promotion to the first division. Craziness at the end from the 1500 odd who made the trip to Airdrie that day
  • Coming back from 3-0 down in the penultimate game of the season at Cowdenbeath in midweek to draw 3-3. We had a fantastic support that night and when Andy Graham scored that equaliser, the place went berzo. Meant we just needed a point in the final game at Brechin to win the league. Which we did.
  • When Jermain Defoe scored the winner at home to Chelsea a few weeks back. The ground was still rocking from Borini's equaliser a few minutes earlier, and when Defoe scored it was absolute pandemonium. I've never heard noise like it in 36 years of going to the football. I completely lost it myself of course...

• Those c*nts from Cowdenbeath when they came back from 3-0 down at Forthbank to win 4-3. 

Archived